We’re on a mission to help organizations contextualize the environment they operate in.
At Echo Analytics, we work with companies from all over the world. We create, combine, and convert thousands of public and private datasets into meaningful geospatial insights and provide the most accurate commercial Point of Interest (POI) product and mobility insights available in Europe.What do we do?
We provide companies with fuel to power their products with high-quality geospatial-based datasets. We use data science, machine learning, and human feedback to build the most comprehensive geospatial datasets and insights available in Europe and rapidly expanding.
Echo partners with companies from multiple industries such as retail, mobility, smart cities, real estate, advertising, market research, and financial services.Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an intermediate Data/Software Engineer to contribute to enhancing our Data Lake in designing and developing new data pipelines.
To be successful as a Data Engineer, you should have prior software development and big data experience, be able to collaborate with team members, be a strategic problem-solver and be an inspiring big data visionary.The opportunity
As an intermediate Data/Software Engineer, you’ll be joining the R&D team.
Our stack runs on Google Cloud Platform. You will work in an environment made up of Data Lakes (BigQuery, etc.), data streaming platforms (Pub/Sub, Dataflow..), orchestration and scheduling platforms (Airflow), and modern deployment (Terraform), and management platforms (GCP). Moreover, you will participate in data modeling activities and design of data flows until their implementation and support in production.
This is a unique opportunity to join, build and grow a successful start-up leading its market, from the early stages.Tasks
Your Role at Echo
We’re currently scaling the team and hiring talents to grow faster. You will contribute to :
- Develop new features in collaboration with the other data engineers and data scientists
- Collect vast amounts of raw data from external sources in batch and streaming modes.
- Expose the data through APIs, flat files, etc., for external use.
- Design datasets for geo external-facing consumers for speed, consistency, cost, and efficiency.
- Write complex and efficient SQL queries to transform raw data points from our data lake into reliable business use cases.
- Implement data transformation workflows and schedule them through Airflow.
- Manage data observability, scalability, transparency, and accuracy.
- Design BigQuery table data models to efficiently answer business use cases considering costs and performances.
- Ensure data is clean, consistent and available. Perform data quality checks and build monitoring systems.
- Be a technical guide to various business entities and data marts. Train data users on SQL and analytics best practices.
- Investigate, test and implement new tools, processes and technologies on an ongoing basis.
- Continue learning new skills thanks to the Echo Analytics knowledge plan
- Resolve complex problems coming from the data.
What we’re looking for:
- Fluency in English (French is a plus)
- At least 3 years of experience in Big Data, Data warehousing in tier-1 software companies.
- 3+ years of experience developing and debugging software in Python.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Comfortable working with the Google Cloud Platform stack.
- Experience with Data flow, Data Processor, Airflow, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Spark, or other streaming technologies is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Data science: ML/NLP/Image segmentation
- Strong experience in Agile Methods (Lean is a plus).
- Working knowledge in DevOps: GitHub CI/CD, Terraform.
What we offer:
The opportunity to join an early-stage fast-growing start-up and to scale with us
- Attractive remuneration package with stock incentives (employee equity plan - BSPCE)
- A great international team based in Paris and Bordeaux
- Contemporary office space in the center of Paris or Bordeaux
- Remote-friendly policy
- Free coffee and snacks
- Weekly team lunch
- Healthcare: Alan
- An amazing and supporting work environment focused on your professional growth and development
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter
- Make sure to highlight:
- Your previous achievements
- Your motivation
- Your added value to Echo
- In-person meeting in our Parisian office