This position is available to Virginia residents as Richmond, Virginia in-office applicants or remote applicants residing in states/locations under Eastern or Central Standard Time: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
At Genworth, we are committed to caring for our customers and for the safety of our colleagues. In the event the office is inaccessible (i.e. inclement weather or pandemic), this role may be required to work remotely.
Genworth policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before they visit any Genworth office. For certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination or exception based on a qualifying medical or religious accommodation request.YOUR ROLE
As a leading provider of long term care insurance, life insurance and annuities, Genworth has a substantial amount of data that supports our business operations and decision making. As a data engineer, you will be a key contributor to Genworth’s adoption of technologies that move our business into its next phase of growth. You will design and build solutions that meet the changing analytical demands of our internal customers and leverage an evolving technology landscape.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select technologies, design databases and create data flows based on business requirements
- Partner with co-workers to create technology and process solutions
- Implement data and design patterns for common business functionality
- Leverage solution frameworks integrating large or complex data sets
- Integrate cloud-based and citizen-developer capabilities with existing technologies
- 2+ years’ experience with MPP technologies
- 5 or more years of data engineering experience
- Hands-on development experience using OLAP and OLTP platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle and Greenplum
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Must be willing to travel to Genworth offices 1 to 2 times a month
- Experience with Greenplum technology and Informatica
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in technology field
- Knowledge of insurance products
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
o Generous Choice Time Off your first full year
o 12 Paid Holidays
o 40 hours of volunteer time off
o 401K Account with matching contributions
o Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Family Leave
o Child Care Subsidy ProgramCOMPANY
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 provider of products, services and solutions that help families address the financial challenges of aging. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, we apply our nearly 150 years of experience each day to helping people navigate caregiving options and fund their long term care needs. Genworth is also the parent company of publicly traded Enact Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACT), a leading U.S. mortgage insurance provider. For more information on Genworth, please visit https://www.genworth.com/. From time to time Enact separately releases financial and other information about its operations. This information can be found at https://ir.enactmi.com/.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to efficiently keep our promises to our customers and their families and to lead the industry forward to solve the nation’s long term care crisis.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
At this time, Genworth will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.