What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. And this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for Senior Biomedical Data Scientist at various levels to join our AIA Team.
About Cognizant AIA practice
Every functional area, in every industry, is on an AI Journey. The power of AI and machine learning to dramatically improve company key performance indicators is being proven every day. But, although we feel every large organization is on an AI journey, the path to value is unclear.
There are three key barriers to deploying AI and machine learning at scale:
- Building data pipelines that feed both the development and deployment of machine learning models
- Improving consistency, reducing effort and expanding the ability of data scientists to address the growing range of business problems from prediction to prescription
- Building out the necessary infrastructure to support 100s of machine learning models in production, including the necessary governance and compliance patterns
At Cognizant, we are proud to be helping our clients on their journey to AI at scale. We’ve built practices that bring together the best talent to address these key barriers, and have built unique capability to complement our people:
- Our Adaptive Data Foundation brings together our accelerators, partnerships and consulting approach to help clients solve the increasing demands for data
- Our Evolutionary AI technology and patents is reducing the effort required to develop deep learning and other sophisticated models. It’s particularly adept at addressing prescription problems, from marketing to next best action to supply chain
- Our architecture frameworks help clients navigate technology choices throughout the AI process. As well as building capability in close collaboration with the leading cloud providers, we are working with start-ups that address the critical engineering challenges that machine learning brings
Client demand has meant that we are growing these practices at an unprecedented rate. We are looking for people that can bring existing strengths in data engineering and data science but we want to hire people that share our vision and want to grow their own skills across the problem space.
Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations? Do you enjoy providing large-scale data insights solutions using AI and Machine Learning to complex health and life sciences problems, and enabling clients business and operations to achieve their organizational objectives? Would you like to be part of an interdisciplinary Health & Life Sciences Intelligence team as a major contributor on large life sciences deals, which will have a real impact on the company’s success?
Come, join our team in Europe as a Senior Biomedical Data Scientist (d/f/m) - Health & Life Sciences Intelligence, and be part of our exciting growth.
We offer you an environment where everyone's opinion matters, ideas are openly shared, where change is the norm and where you will work with some of the fastest moving, well-recognized brands in the world.
Who are we?
We are a focused Intelligence Practice within Cognizant’s Digital Business & Technology organization. We support Cognizant engagements across clients in the Life Sciences and Healthcare industry verticals.
Our pedigreed team of interdisciplinary Ph.D.’s and Master’s degree holders; engage with senior customer stakeholders, to translate strategy and vision into digital journeys, across diverse business challenges using various Data Science tools, technologies ecosystems and partnerships.
What will you do?
We are looking for enthusiastic Senior Biomedical Data Scientists (at various levels) with 4+ years of relevant industry experience in designing, building, and deploying AI and machine learning models within Health & Life Sciences environment, who have an eagerness to learn and deliver large complex data insights and AI transformation programs across Europe. As a Senior Biomedical Data Scientist, you will be well versed in understanding business and operational challenges along with theoretical domain insights, and implementing them as a working code. Your work will range from Biomedical Data Science and Discovery projects to designing and delivering AI and Insights solutions in an Agile environment.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Apply mathematical concepts to answer research, clinical, and real-world challenges by using disparate available datasets; both structured and unstructured
- Use data science tools and techniques to prototype and develop statistical / machine learning models to solve business and operational problems
- Communicate results and hypothesis to key decision makers; both business and technical audiences
- Running multiple analytical experiments; analyzing, interpreting and translating results into business narratives
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders relevant to the achieving of business objectives
- Experimenting with new age Data Science tools, technology and platforms
- Work in joint multi-skilled internal teams to develop joint ‘Go To Market’ propositions
- Lead specialist experienced in managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experienced in clients’ engagement and project / product ownership
What experience are we looking for?
- Academic background in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biomedical Engineering, Computational Biology, or related computational field with experience in at least 3 of the following domains: Genetics, Omics, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Clinical Research, Medical Diagnostics and Imaging, Health Outcome Research, or Epidemiology
- Experienced in understanding scientific challenges and theoretical insights in research, clinical, and real-world domain within Health & Life Sciences, and implementing them as a working code
- Experienced in integrating and analyzing multi-modal biomedical datasets, e.g. electronic medical records, physiological time series data, medical images (X-ray, CT, MRI, PET), genomic data, biomarker data, digital data, outcomes data, prescription, claims, clinical free text, etc.
- Experienced in working with omics, biomarker, disease, pathogen, and compound databases
- Hands-on experience with FAIR data principles and standards such as HL7 FHIR or OMOP CDM
- Proficient in working across the Data Science spectrum; problem identification, business understanding, ETL, EDA, visualization, feature engineering, modeling, deployment, monitoring
- Proficient in machine learning, data mining, and statistical methods with experience in deep learning, NLP/NLG, and computer vision techniques, leveraging complex unstructured data
- Hands-on experience on various machine learning tools, libraries and development platforms, e.g. Python, R, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, AutoML, Azure ML Studio, Sagemaker, Databricks
- Ability to design, develop, optimize and scale decision-support systems using predictive models
- Exposure to federated learning and working with large data sets on distributed computing tools
- Understanding of ML model life cycle management and automation, e.g. MLOps and AutoML
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
What you can expect
- Become part of a ‘flag ship’ success story - We go through enormous growth!
- Organization driven by technology – We have a tremendous technology backbone
- Open, ‘can do’ team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality
- Drive your own career
- Market conform benefits
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting : Mar 10 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.