TheFork, part of Tripadvisor group, is the leading online restaurants booking platform in Europe and Australia. We are present in +12 countries with 60 000 partners restaurants in a mission to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences. Creator of a unique model that has disrupted the restaurant industry, we put innovation at the heart of our ambitious growth.
Thanks to TheFork (app/web), millions of diners can easily discover, book and pay the right restaurant at the right price. Thousands of restaurants owners benefit from our solutions to optimise their booking management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and boost revenue.
To support our growth, we are reinforcing our data platform team and are looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
Why join us?
You are passionate about data and comfortable in an international and agile environment?
You are ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users?
You are ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use and is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth?
You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your mission will be to build & expand theFork Data Platform as a top end and modern platform to deploy advanced analytics and data products for the whole company.
The data platform is used intensively by all teams at theFork (date, product, engineering, business, .. ) supporting multiple domains (BI, Data Insights, Products Analytics, Data Science).
You will report to our Data Engineering Manager and be part of the central data team composed of ~30 people.
Your daily work will consist of:
- Designing and build efficient patterns to store and analyze Terabytes of data
- Implementing complex acquisition and transformation workflows
- Building smart data models to serve our product teams and our BI, Insights and data science teams while minimizing the costs
- Developing and implementing tools to help our data scientists industrialize machine learning projects
- Working on data quality & reliability to ensure we provide trustable metrics to the whole company
- Supporting our data engineering manager and accompanying more junior data engineers
The Data platform tech stack is built on AWS (S3, EC2, EMR) and Snowflake using some open source technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Sqoop, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, etc...
With a minimum 5 years of experience, you have a perfect knowledge of data engineering patterns, technologies and are proficient in python (ideally with several other backend languages and are well versed in software development best practices, such as CI/CD, unit testing, QA and mocks creation ..).
As a senior data engineer, your role will also be to guide the team towards improved patterns, processes and technologies. We will appreciate a large data culture and curiosity for any new technologies.
- Min 5 years of data engineering experience
- Great team player and at ease to interact with technical and business stakeholders
- Used to work in an agile environment & OK with priorities changes
- Curious, humble and exhibits a balance between creativity and pragmatism
- High willingness to learn and teach others
- Proficient in French and English (written and spoken)
- Mastery of SQL and Python
- Apache Airflow
- Infrastructure knowledge, AWS, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes appreciated
- Proficient with git and unix
- Streaming technologies (CDC pipelines, stream processing, ...)
- AWS Sagemaker, Databricksvand Google BigQuery are a plus
Bring happiness through amazing dining experiences
What do we offer ?
- Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence and a winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
- Attractive salary & bonus based on performance, Restricted Stock Units
- Meet-up & Conferences
- Cool and cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9eme)
- RTT, flexible hours, home-office
- Fresh fruits delivered everyday
- Ping-pong, babyfoot, video games, board games, free massage, yoga, cross training and boxe lessons, afterworks, theater courses, global european seminars…