As a Data Architect at Octo, you will support the Department of Veterans Affairs. The ideal candidate will have expertise in database development and Metadata tools. The VA is working within the Microsoft Azure Government (MAG) Cloud in parallel with multiple enterprise data lakes/stores throughout the VA (and potentially external organizations) to capture metadata associated with patients, their records, and their experiences within the VA. Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Delta Lake, Synapse, Spark, Trifacta, Rest & FHIR API services experience would be extremely beneficial.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Configuring multiple data sources
- Collecting data from stakeholders, upload them to the data governance tool and help
- Installing and modeling various facets of the data governance tool using best practices.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) preferred.
- Working knowledge of at least one data governance tool.
- Ability to be hands-on technical in nature.
- Experience with enterprise data management including data discovery, integration, and governance.
Years of Experience: Must have 8-10 total years in data architecture, analytics, design, and development. Must have Must have at least 5 years in data engineering and at least 2+ years of experience in data governance process. Experience in healthcare and specifically medical record data.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area. 8 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.