Data Analysts support CSI’s data program through the statistical analysis and visualization of quantitative datasets, with a strong emphasis on technical rigor and storytelling with data. They work with the data engineering team to source datasets to answer specific questions. Data analysts’ skills in creatively querying, reshaping, aggregating, and visualizing data are well-developed. As requested, they seek out the underlying business questions driving analysis and provide basic insights to the data being analyzed.
- Collects basic to moderately-complex quantitative data from internal systems and outside datasets or works with CSI’s broader data team to develop new datasets.
- Engineers basic reproducible, technically sound analyses to support CSI decision-making.
- Works with Power BI Developers to turn ad-hoc analyses into dashboards and recurring visualizations.
- Manages an assigned project portfolio under the supervision of senior staff.
- Calculates Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to drive business insights.
- May assist with mentoring other team-members in statistics and visualization methods and best practices
Primary Results Accountable For Achieving
- Timely ad-hoc analyses to fill CSI senior leaders’ and functions’ requests.
- Detailed parameterized reports that use business metrics to answer specific business questions.
- Audience understanding of dataset nuances, as well as potential inferences that can be made.
Education & Certifications:
Education or job knowledge equivalent to a college or university undergraduate education; degree in Business, Information Systems, or Computer Science preferred.
The minimum amount of relevant work experience required to successfully perform the job, is at least two (2) years of applicable work experience; additional preferred experience to include data analysis or work as a functional analyst in a quantitative function.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge
- Intermediate MS-Excel skills
- Statistics and/or advanced mathematical skills; descriptive statistics preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated ability to adjust communications to specific audience
- Ability to work independently and interdependently within a team
- Basic knowledge of BI software (Power BI, Looker, Tableau, or comparable preferred)
- Basic knowledge of notebook-driven analysis (Synapse, Data bricks, R Markdown, or comparable preferred)
This position requires contact primarily within the department and contact within the company on routine matters. Contact outside the company is minimal.
This position requires frequent decision making and the ability to plan and perform unusual or difficult work with general operation methods/procedures.
General Supervision. Assignments are both task-oriented and objective-oriented. Work is reviewed by for soundness of judgement and overall adequacy and accuracy.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No travel typically required.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and the basic need to look at a computer screen 8 hours a day.