Requisition ID: 136817
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
The DRE Senior Product Manager will contribute to the risk management, digital automation, and risk reward optimization of the Canadian Retail Bank by ensuring smooth upgrade and transition of existing risk management technology and digital deployment of customer centric lending policies. This will be achieved by driving continuous improvement of lending policy and technology integration. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with risk strategy and policy teams to support the transition of retail risk operating model from product first model to customer first model. The incumbent will ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Drive digital risk automation through integration of modern digital risk technology and customer first policy design
- Be subject matter experts in risk technology deployments across the retail footprint
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of retail lending policies and strategies across all Canadian retail products
- Stay informed of competitive landscape and regulatory environments and best anticipate future customer needs
- Challenge the status quo of current risk management practices with new technology enabled designs and provide innovative solutions to policy, strategy, and reporting functions
- Support the design and execution of customer first retail lending technology and policy roadmap
- Act as change champion to transition retail risk operating model from product specific framework to customer focused framework by promoting best practices on application of digital technology
- Evaluate existing lending policies and strategies and provide analysis and recommendation to reduce manual interaction and customer friction
- Work with stakeholders (e.g. Front-end technology team, IT, business line owners, fraud, retail risk teams, PAE, governance, ACE, RSC etc.) to ensure solutions provides optimum customer journeys and support business line objectives.
- Ability to balance multiple and occasionally competing priorities with strong project management discipline to support timely completion of project deadlines
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
A university degree is required (preferably with a major in economics, finance, business, computer science, or engineering)
- 3+ years in retail lending, technology, or risk management experience required
- Excellent communication and business writing skills complemented with solid deductive reasoning, sound judgement and creativity
- Strong personal time management skills and curiosity to learn, explore, and discover is a must
- In-depth knowledge of retail lending operations, risk management, in Canada or international markets
- Strong financial assessment and forecast skills
- Strong knowledge of credit and behaviour scoring, credit risk model designs and applications
- Strong technical skills in analytics, data sciences, BI, and database technologies, such as SAS, python, SQL, MongoDB, Tableau, PowerBI, XML
- Experience in FICO technologies such as Originations Manager, Triad, Decision Modeler, or Blaze and computer science knowledge such as NodeJS, C++ etc. is an asset
- Familiarity with project management techniques and agile working framework is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: for every future, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.