PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
*This position does not provide Visa sponsorship*
Collective Medical seeks an Associate Data Engineer to support our Delivery teams. The Associate Data Engineer will be responsible for working with the Delivery teams to develop the necessary data infrastructure and tools to meet analytic and operational improvement needs.
The Associate Data Engineer will:
- Design, construct, install, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Develop and maintain a mature Python codebase to standardize and extend ETL processes in support of data modeling, mining and warehousing needs
- Design and populate new production tables for efficient storage and access
- Support research opportunities for acquisition and integration of new data sources
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Design and maintain the architecture and operation of data marts supporting emerging needs
- Develop scheduling and automation functions to support internal and external customers
Who you’ll work with:
You will work most closely with the Delivery Operations teammates (data engineers and data analysts). This team’s primary customers are colleagues within the delivery and account management functions at PointClickCare. Collaboration opportunities exist with the data science, information security and engineering teams.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements, and collaborating with team members to propose solutions that meet customer needs
- Understand, use, and extend the data warehouse and relational database systems
- Build process and code to extend and sustain the data capabilities across the organization
- Working with the Delivery Operations team to support the analytic efforts
Skills and experience we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, analytics, or statistics
- Proficient in Python, Java, or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience creating complex SQL queries
- Experience with query optimization, database design, and data mart architecture
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources
- Previous healthcare related industry experience a plus
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.