The Data Science team at OLX Group is responsible for building algorithmic solutions to facilitate transactions between buyers and sellers. We are developing personalization technologies, customer safety and security solutions as well as optimization strategies that have a direct impact on OLX's users as well as the company's bottom line.
You will be encouraged to apply state-of-the-art machine learning, in the areas of user segmentation, image metadata extraction (including multi-label classification and tagging with deep learning), recommender systems, algorithmic pricing, taxonomy construction and more. Applying these methods is expected to assist our team in making OLX customers successful. You will have an impact on nearly 200 million visitors per month by rolling your solutions to production, analyzing results offline and online, and measuring the impact.
We invite you to join a team which works across the entire EU region with the different OLX Group platforms. A team that breaks through walls and builds cross-functional connections with everyone around. A team where a common mission and goals matter more than reporting lines. We build on each other, asking for help and support when needed, and we proactively support others.
What you will be doing:
- Work on optimizing the models according to the requirements of the specific use case.
- Bring machine learning models and algorithms to production together with engineers.
- Innovate and test new algorithms continuously and rapidly with live traffic
- Design, execute and analyze experiments to prove that desired outcomes are being achieved, to validate hypotheses and to measure the impact against company objectives.
- Master the online experimentation topic and educate others on it (for example A/B experimentation, etc…)
- Take ownership of what you build end-to-end in a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists and designers, that together design and run these experiments.
- Find opportunities where data science will make an impact and drive corresponding projects globally and collaborate with the teams across our world-wide locations (in-office and remote) to overcome technical challenges.
Who we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of professional data science experience
- A strong software development background: good experience with Python and SQL, good understanding of best engineering practices to be able to write code that's ready for production
- Experience with at least one of the following machine learning frameworks: Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, (or similar)
- Experience in designing and analyzing online experiments (e.g. A/B tests).
- Proficient in English with excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical audiences and top management
Nice to have:
- Industry experience creating and productionizing machine learning algorithms at scale
- Experience using AWS for deploying machine learning solutions
- Experience with building batch and real-time data pipelines using tools like Spark and Airflow
- Exposure to other programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, Scala, etc
- Experience to production infrastructure and DevOps practices: monitoring, alerting, CI/CD, container-orchestrating platforms, and infrastructure-as-code tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Kubernetes, Terraform)
What we'll give you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- A passionate and diverse team of data scientists spanning several tech hubs across the globe.
- The opportunity to learn from each other and become better every day
- Competitive salary and good benefits
- Company Mobile phone, laptop of your choice: Laptop MacBook Pro, Windows or Linux, Notebook, PC, any tool you might need
- Open selection of e-courses including Udemy, Coursera and specialist AWS training.
What you'll need to know about us
- Be part of the Prosus universe - the largest consumer internet company in Europe
- OLX Group is a global product and tech company with over 20 brands, +7500 people and one mindset.
- OLX is the world's leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It's available in more than 40 countries and in over 50 languages.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and inspiring change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you'd like to learn more about us take a look around our careers page and the OLX Group website
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.