Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
The Smart Manufacturing and AI team at Micron Technology is looking for an ambitious Machine Learning Engineer. Are you curious, high velocity and ready to solve complex problems? Do you dream in SQL and machine learning models? If so, we want you to join us! Our mission is to enable to deliver industry winning machine learning solutions to power Micron’s dominance in the highly competitive memory solutions market. Qualified applicants will have experience in a variety of data and cloud technologies and have extensive practice modeling data, querying, and deploying scalable data pipelines to execute machine learning models. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Data engineers and expert users to build and deploy scalable AI/ML solutions that drive value and insight from Micron’s manufacturing processes and systems.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build and maintain data/solution pipelines that feed machine learning models
- Work in a technical team through development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Design and optimize data structures in data management systems (Hadoop, Snowflake, and Cloud platforms) to enable AI/ML solutions.
- Build custom software components and analytics applications
- Create/Maintain CI/CD pipelines of machine learning solutions in the cloud
- Technical Degree required. Computer Science or Statistics background highly desired
- Experience in building and executing end-to-end ML systems automating training, testing and deploying Machine Learning models
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Familiarity with software architecture (data structures, data schemas, etc.).
- Software development skills and the desire to work on cutting edge development in a Cloud environment
- Strong scripting and programming skills in one of the following, Python or Java
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools (Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing Machine Learning or A.I. solutions with either Python, AWS, AZURE, GCP
- 3+ years building scalable ETL pipelines
- 3+ years of experience with big data processing and/or developing applications and data sources
- 3+ years of strong working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MSSQL, Snowflake, or BigQuery)
- Outstanding analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to study and transform data science prototypes into production solutions
- Knowledge of computer vision and/or signal processing including techniques for classification and feature extraction