UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our team works with massive amounts of data, from many different data sources (data warehouses, data lake, flat files, Excel, Access, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop). The Data Engineer will be responsible for database management of multiple databases and processes.
We are a high performing team and are looking for team members with “can do” attitudes who embrace gray areas and challenging opportunities.
In this role you will have the opportunity to broaden your skills and grow in your career. You will have the opportunity to be a primary contributor to the quality of the data that is used across departments to fulfill Business Intelligence analyses, reports, dashboards, campaigns, etc. You will be responsible for acquiring business requirements, documenting, development and testing. You will transform business requirements into technical development which will create business value.
What you are known for:
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while managing customer expectations
- You are considered a subject matter expert on data quality
- You grow solid connections with business leaders and other customers who are not technology professionals
- You have a distinctively positive attitude and team members and customers enjoy your talent, your diligence, and your ability to approach business opportunities with a smile
- You are considered a solid performer with SQL Server, T-SQL, and SSIS
- You are perceived as a trusted performer and advisor by your direct leader
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Be able to communicate to a broader non-technical audience, understanding their business requirements and applying technical solutions
- Be able to work with many products at the same time, quickly changing priorities to align with ever-changing corporate priorities
- Support the implementation of a modern data framework that facilitates business intelligence reporting and advanced analytics
- Work with different teams and customers to help develop and uphold data governance policies and procedures. Ensure standardized data naming-conventions, establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data quality
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert on Data Quality to identify, document, and resolve data quality issues related to business requirements
- Commit to continuous improvement in methodologies as applied to database design and development
- Tune queries to obtain maximum performance where necessary
- Develop, improve and maintain Microsoft SQL based applications (tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, functions, triggers)
- Design, develop, implement and run cross-domain, modular, flexible, scalable, secure, reliable and quality data solutions that transform data for meaningful analyses and analytics while ensuring operability
- Develop, monitor & troubleshoot ETL and data warehouse processes in multiple platforms like SQL Server and Hadoop
- Perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Effectively create data transformations that address business requirements and other constraints
- Automate repeatable tasks; Support and participate in data warehouse modernization efforts to minimize data and process duplication and redundancies
- Prepare high level design documents and detailed technical design documents with best practices to enable efficient data ingestion, transformation, and data movement
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to understand business processes, systems and data needs for reporting & analytics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of T-SQL, writing complex queries, stored procedures and functions, query optimization, performance tuning, and index utilization
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server 2016 or higher version
- 2+ years of experience with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- 1+ years of experience with Azure
- Experience with Data Auditing & Analysis (analytical and problem-solving skills)
- Experience with Healthcare Industry
- Experience with Hive
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, quickly changing priorities to align with the corporate priorities
- Team player
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.