At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow's Cloud Capacity Planning and Analytics team is an innovative customer-focused team responsible for capacity demand planning, forecasting, cost measurement, reporting, and analysis for ServiceNow's world-class infrastructure. We are empowering industry-leading work experiences for our customers. As an ML/AI engineer on the capacity planning team, you will work with a data-centric group of data scientists, engineers, and capacity planners. Our mission is to scale ServiceNow's global rack, server, and data center capacity where and when it's needed.
You will play a significant part in building AI and Machine Learning (ML) capacity forecasting models and AI/ML analytics tools to predict resource demand across the infrastructure and identify capacity-related issues proactively. Lead capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers. Work with hardware, capacity, infrastructure, platform engineering, and cloud analytics teams to develop capacity roadmaps and insights for multiple cloud capacity engineering projects.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate daily with capacity planning and capacity operations team to develop predictive AI/ML-driven supply and demand models to forecast capacity demand with precision.
- Own company server budget, track, and report on the capacity demand roadmap, supply chain impact, and cost analysis for executive teams.
- Work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, testing, and delivery of high-quality capacity planning and analytics solutions.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years' experience; or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of unit testing, profiling, and code tuning
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills with strong cross-organizational engagement
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform architecture including CMDB, and instance topology
- Ability to develop data visualizations and insights with Python, Excel, Tableau, or other BI tools
- Deep understanding of statistical regression, and Bayesian forecasting models, econometric and causal data analytics, POC development, time series data correlation and pattern detection
- Expertise in Java or Python, OOP, Design Patterns, time, and space-efficient algorithms
- Experience with MySQL, Big Data, Hive-Hadoop, Scala and related data mining techniques and tools
- Experience building new products that leverage challenging high-performance algorithms
- Expertise in coding efficient, object-oriented, modularized and quality software
- Knowledge of core AI/ML techniques and algorithms
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.