We are looking for a few talented and dedicated individuals to join our vehicle valuations and appraisal business. Delivering creative solutions across the automotive lifecycle, the team works collaboratively with key business customers, IT and development colleagues and the wider Cox Automotive Group. As a member of the team you will contribute to the delivery of leading-edge solutions in an interesting and engaging environment.Team
Cox Automotive are designing and developing a suite of manufacturer and dealer facing tools tailored for the UK market. As Product Data Analyst you will join a team of Product Managers and be accountable for providing data and insight necessary to continuously improve our suite of products.
This role demands comprehensive engagement with a multitude of data sources, requiring the transformation of complex data into understandable outputs via Azure Data Bricks and BI tools including Tableau. Your responsibilities will include designing, prototyping, delivering, and maintaining these outputs.
A thorough understanding of data transformation tools is essential, and willingness to learn more from our Enterprise Data Services team, who will be your data peers to complement your product team colleagues.
After you lay a solid foundation of basic reporting and then deliver tools that drive self-sufficient use of data by your product colleagues, you will also apply data science techniques to identify and take advantage of commercial opportunities, delivering more targeted vehicle acquisition and product performance.
We seek a dynamic individual with a pronounced interest in data and a steadfast commitment to automating routine tasks, thereby leading us on our journey towards data-driven innovation.Job Role
Skills & Experience
- Take responsibility for reporting of valuation accuracy, producing relevant and useable information to enable our pricing team to make informed business decisions
- To develop KPIs that track valuation accuracy across a number of different metrics, including for customer consumption
- To perform weekly valuation predictions at scale, measuring accuracy of the model once vehicles are sold and using insight to drive improvement
- Ensure scheduled reports and dashboards are delivered accurately and on time so users will always have the latest, most up to date information for analysis
- Proactively seek to self-develop by improving technical skills, analytical and visual techniques plus any relevant industry knowledge
- Work to recreate existing reports and improve efficiency, without compromising on quality or accuracy
- Provide modelling support to the business to enable accurate future planning decisions to be made
- Wherever possible, provide reports and analysis in commercial terms to ensure business impact is understood in the clearest possible terms
- Investigate and seek to resolve any identified data integrity issues, feeding the analysis back to the source of the issues removing the possibility of reoccurrence
- Support the management team with ad-hoc requests, to fulfil business needs as and when they arise
- Provide technical support for reports, dashboards, or other reporting tools in use by the business, and train your users to become more self-sufficient
- Maintain a library of standard extracts and reports templates and/or other reusable knowledge assets
Strictly No Agencies Please
- Good understanding of product and website performance metrics and KPIs
- Strong Excel skills including effective use of lookup functions, pivot tables/power pivot.
- Familiarity with Excel Forecasting functionality and exposure to VBA a bonus
- Proficient using SQL, including calculations, functions, and aggregation.
- Understanding of database structures and data ingestion principles, to a level sufficient to allow you to prototype new data models
- Good working knowledge of data visualisation tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc.) and demonstrated storytelling ability with data
- Knowledge of visualisation best practices and ability to offer advice to other analysts and to business super-users
- Ability to provide consistent and accurate views of data when delivering projects, testing against existing sources
- Ability to assess a business requirement and make a technical recommendation for how to most effectively create a data driven solution that meets the business needs, solving a business problem
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and exercise judgment when following instructions from others, keeping stakeholders engaged along the way
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to logically analyse requirements, processes, systems
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English
- An attitude towards continuous development and learning of new skills and technologies, moving towards specialisation of your job
- Commercial awareness, preferably in the financial services industry
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies and we're not looking to add to our PSL.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CV's sent to the recruitment team or directly to the hiring manager. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV'#INDTR