At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We are seeking Data Engineers at the Senior Consultant or Manager level to join our EY Data and Analytics team ideally in Melbourne and Sydney. This role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis
As a Data Engineer, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Be able to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Responsible for developing batch ingestion and data transformation routines using ETL tools or other ingestion techniques
- Responsible for developing real-time ingestion and data transformation routines using Kafka and similar technologies
- Responsible for migrating data from legacy data platform to cloud data platform
- Develop data flow diagrams for data engineering pipelines and consumption design (e.g. with Spark, Azure ADF, SSIS, AWS Glue, Kinesis or Lambda, and reporting in PowerBI or Tableau) for data engineering pipeline
Skills and attributes for success
- Configuration and coordination of data pipelines across projects
- Data pipeline development, including Azure Data Factory, AWS Kinesis, Spark, Airflow (ideally 3+ Years)
- Migration and transformation of large complex data sets from legacy systems like Teradata to cloud platform using Azure tools and other ETL tools like DataStage (ideally 5+ Years)
- Data and Reporting Platform development on environments using technologies such as Microsoft Azure, SAP BW, Teradata, PowerBI or Cognos
- Experience using DevOps in data engineering processes and pipelines.
- Experience in design and development of metadata data engineering frameworks.
- A strong background in coding with possible experience with Python, SAS, SQL or R
- Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as DataStage, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory or Talend) OR open source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
What we offer
A tech career @ EY means working with 40,000 fellow technologists who are creating cutting edge applications in blockchain, AI, cloud, analytics, robotics and cyber, harnessing tech to power the human enterprise and build a more equitable, sustainable world. We offer world class training and a free Tech MBA to all our people.
Globally at EY, we are committed to offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $90,000 including 10.5% superannuation.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.