About Your Future Team
You will join the Data Strategy, Engineering and Innovation team based in Alcon Digital Hub with the main office in Warsaw, our newly launched powerhouse for designing and delivering innovative solutions across data & analytics, front-end engineering, and other technology areas. You will become a member of a highly successful Data Engineering team which is responsible for development and management of data pipelines across various domains including but not limited to manufacturing and technical operations, business finance and financial accounting, R&D, commercial, HR, internal audit & compliance.
About Your Future Role
Our 12-months Data & Analytics Engineering Development Program
will give you a unique chance to kickstart your career in the area of data and analytics engineering
. After successful completion of the development program, participants will receive a permanent job offer for the position of Data Engineer or Analytics Engineer.
We expect the successful candidates to join us in March 2023.
In the first week you will go through Alcon induction program where you’ll learn about Alcon and various functional areas in the company. During the first month you will participate in an extended onboarding program, which consists of various technical trainings and job assignments through which you’ll learn necessary skills for the projects you’ll work on (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, SparkSQL, Alteryx, AWS Lambda, Glue, Step Functions etc.)
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Design, implement, maintain and optimize highly scalable and resilient data pipelines using Python, Spark.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for data QA throughout the pipeline.
- Understand the principles of CI/CD and code versioning (Git, BitBucket).
- Adopt AWS data lake and data related services to implement end-to-end solution.
- Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to IT solutions through partnering with Product Owners and business stakeholders and apply this knowledge to influence business goals.
- Automate, optimize, migrate, and enhance existing ETL workflows in Alteryx and manage their deployment on Alteryx Server.
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models
- Perform data modeling, data analysis and providing insights using various tools.
What we expect from you:
- First professional experience gained in one the following areas: Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence, DevOps, Data Analytics.
- Either relevant academic background (quantitative or technical studies) or professional experience in different business areas paired with some sort of technical training (courses etc.)
- At least good knowledge of Python, backed by professional, educational, or private projects.
- At least good knowledge of any SQL dialect and relational databases.
- At least fundamental knowledge of cloud concepts. Experience with AWS or other cloud services (Azure, GCP) is highly desirable.
- Passion for data, cloud engineering and programming.
- Fluent English - we are a global team, so a very good command of English is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills - you will have a direct exposure to stakeholders and work in teams.
- Data savvy individual with hands-on experience in preparing, analyzing and deriving insights from data and troubleshooting data quality issues.
- High learning agility – we expect you to have good technical fundamentals and passion for learning new technologies and concepts. At Alcon you’ll have a chance to use a modern technology stack and work on innovative solutions.
You will earn extra points for:
- Knowledge of Alteryx or any other ETL software.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and code versioning (Git, BitBucket).
- Understanding of Design Patters (Adapter, Bridge, Decorator, etc.)
- Experience in Tableau or any other data visualization software (Amazon QuickSight, Power BI, Looker, QlikSense etc.)
- Experience with commercial, marketing and financial data.
- AWS certification (AWS Certified Practitioner, AWS Certified Developer Associate).
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary coupled with great development opportunities.
- Unlimited access to Udemy Pro.
- Opportunity to work in a high paced agile environment and the chance to work with people who are passionate about delivering outcomes and a culture of simplification and ownership.
- Possibility to influence the design of the solution responding to business needs to enhance customer experience.
- Collaboration and frequent direct interactions with business stakeholders.
- Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world.
- Flexible hours and remote work possibilities.
- Brand new office in Marynarska 15, Warsaw, with a lot of facilities inside.
You are applying to be part of the Alcon Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV or resume.