RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
To start as soon as possible, full time / part time, permanent
Your future plans
Embedded IT is operating at the heart of our Trading Department, closely working together with RWE Supply & Trading GmbH's Analysis and Trading Desks. We provide solutions in key areas such as Data Analysis, P&L Reporting, Position Reporting, Weather Data Visualization, Systematic Trading, Market Making and support any innovative trading ideas emerging from our desks utilizing today’s most recent cloud technologies.
Your Powerful Skills
- Collaborate with users to capture, clarify, implement and test use cases and potential requirements
- Support our Traders and Analysts on our new Market Data Platform (Dremio, Databricks, Tableau and AWS)
- Manage the onboarding of new data on our Market Data Platform
- Automation and implementation of different internal and external models / applications
- Wholistically look at our data infrastructure from an continuous improvement perspective and come up with ways to improve efficiency and speed of such
- Be upskilled in the latest cloud and data capabilities, including Databricks, Dremio and AWS
- Be forward thinking and keep an eye on market developments so that you are able to suggest and implement new market tools to further enhance our capabilities
Advantageous, but not a must
- 5+ years of professional experience with Python / Spark and an understanding of agile ways of working
- 5+ years of professional experience of implementing and working with SQL
- Experience on Data storage and cloud infrastructure to drive continuous improvement in regards to our data infrastructure / landscape
- A growth mindset, we want to upskill you in Databricks, Dremio and Tableau as the key tools of our Data platform
- Proven knowledge in working with timeseries and forecast data, ideally for energy trading is preferred but not mandatory
- A degree in, or related to Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with users to understand the problem statement, design, build and debug solutions
- Experience in build solutions on AWS is a major plus
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Terraform and Docker
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC, FastApi, PyTest and SQLAlchemy (as an ORM)
- Experience with Plexos
What we value most is passion, willingness to learn and a determined and resilient work ethic. So, if you can display most of the skills above then we would like to hear from you.Benefits You Can Rely On
- Working in one of the most interesting business contexts; a mixture of energy supply, trading and of course IT!
- Working in an agile team on topics close to end users
- Open and diverse company culture
- Work with new and emerging technologies in the cloud
- Working with distributed teammates across different locations
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 82806
Any questions? Vince Manning (Recruiting), +44 7585 981083
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,700 employees from over 50 different countries trade (renewable) electricity, (green) gas, commodities and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from renewables.