Do you want to ensure our system foundation for our data strategy and ensure data availability in our Pilot factories, where the insulins and GLP-1’s of the future are being developed?
Data from our Pilot factories is essential to develop new product for our patients. As our new Data Engineer, you will take part in ensuring and developing our data system setup and foundation to support our data strategy in our CVP area.
You will be responsible for the daily operations and development of our data system setup, to ensure and strengthen our ability to use data for product release and Manufacturing Intelligence.
Our data platform plays a central role in making data available for reporting and batch release. The platform is based on the PI technology from OSIsoft.
Your responsibilities summed up:
- Ensure uptime and efficiency of our data platform by monitoring the state of data pipelines, data archives and system performance (CPU utilization, storage needs etc.)
- Maintenance, implementation, and configuration of PI Interfaces, Connectors & Integrators
- Implementation, design, test and validation of data pipelines and system upgrades
- Troubleshooting and 1. Level support, including communication to affected end-users
- Configuration of batch and time-based reports
- Drive initiatives to improve our operational setup - tools, processes, etc.
It is important that you have the courage to take on assignment that you don’t necessarily know the solution to. You will have support from your colleagues and this position offers a steep learning curve together with many exciting technical challenges.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. within e.g., Computer Science, Data Science or data engineering
- Great passion for working with interfaces, data and technical problem-solving
- Knowledge and experience with OSIsoft PI system or other equivalent historian technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of System Architecture design and specification
- Understanding the latest software and hardware engineering principles and practices, such as methods and challenges of integration
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- High spirits and the capability to spread enthusiasm and positive energy to the people around you
- Great communication- and collaboration skills, which makes you a trusted and well-liked collaborator with our stakeholders.
Our work is performed according to cGMP, hence it is expected that you possess a systematic approach to your tasks and that you an able to plan and finalise your tasks. Furthermore, we emphasised the importance of your capabilities to ensure and initiate tasks, also when they are not being handed to you. It is our expectation that you take responsibility for your own and the team’s goals.
In the IT & Automation team we work with ensuring stable and efficient operation of our IT & automation systems, keeping the systems in compliance, and implementing large- and small-scale IT & automation solutions together with ensuring data availability in our Pilot factories. The team consists of 19 highly competent automation and data engineers working across different automation and data technologies.
About Novo Nordisk
In Novo Nordisk it your abilities, engagement and ambitions, that helps us improve many people’s lives. We offer the opportunity to become a part of a global workplace with possibilities of personal and professional development.
If you have any question to the position, please feel free to contact Mads Jensen on phone +45 3079 4650
May 29, 2022.
Applications will be screened on an ongoing basis, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application, but please include a few sentences about why you are applying in your resume or CV. To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.