We are looking for an Operational Data Analyst to provide data analytics support to our global Field Operations. This position is responsible for data analysis and the creation and maintenance of reporting dashboards, and will work closely with Data Scientists and Analysts in the Data Analytics Team.
You are driven by a passion to use data to improve patient outcomes and and drive real-world therapy innovations in a commercial environment. You have several years of hands-on commercial experience working with data and meeting the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders. You enjoy the prospect of working for a company experiencing rapid growth, and you are comfortable with working in a dynamic changing environment.
About Saluda Medical
We are a medical device company developing advanced neuromodulation systems for the next generation of implantable stimulation devices. We are a cutting edge, progressive Australian based company with offices and employees based in the UK, Europe and the USA. We are at the forefront of spinal cord stimulation technologies for the management of chronic pain.
Our team is made up of world-class engineers, clinicians and seasoned professionals with experience in bringing medical technologies to life.
About the role
The Operational Data Analyst will provide operational data analytics support to our Field teams and across our business, while seated within the Data Analytics Team. Duties include:
- Serve as the hub for data requests from our global Field Teams (primarily European and Australian teams).
- Design, create and maintain up-to-date patient data dashboards, reports and visualisations for Field team case review meetings and external presentations.
- Ensure data integrity by managing and monitoring entry, validation, and analysis of patient device data from a wide range of data sources, including medical devices and clinical studies.
- Understand, troubleshoot and optimise field issues and efficiency and quality of patient data collection and flow through Saluda. As applicable, report and track issues to closure.
- Work with the data analytics team and software engineering to develop a data management plan and analytics support tools.
- Conduct exploratory and statistical analysis on relevant data sources to meet stakeholder needs and improve patient outcomes.
- Performs duties in compliance with Saluda Medical’s Management System comprising the company policies regarding health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Occasional field work to support field clinical engineers in clinics with specific clinical/research projects
- At minimum, a technical bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering/Biological Sciences/Software/Electrical/Mathematics or related discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant commercial/industry analytics experience, including statistical hypothesis testing. Additional research experience highly regarded.
- Intermediate to advanced Python programming skills, applied in a commercial environment.
- Intermediate database development and manipulation skills, applied in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating and using data visualisation and dashboarding tools to support data-driven commercial decisions. Power BI experience desirable.
- Experience collecting and determining design requirements to meet user needs.
- Pragmatic ability to produce top quality work under tight deadlines, and to find practical and innovative solutions to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills that are effective in driving outcomes with diverse international stakeholders. Must have demonstrated abilitiy to present and communicate technical concepts to technical, business, physician and lay audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- This role requires flexible work hours, particularly evening work, to enable meetings with our global field teams in Europe and the United States.
- This role may include domestic and/or international travel.
- Passion for technological innovation, helping patients, and building lasting relationships with end customers.
- Strong ability to gather feedback from partnered physicians, prioritise clinical needs, and translate needs into specific clinical systems requirements, architecture, and interface specifications.
- A demonstrated ability to work with staff at different levels within investigator sites and an ability to deal sensitively with people from different cultures.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree with extensive experience of biostatistics.
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in medical device design, development and regulatory requirements.
You must have the legal right to work unrestricted in the UK, no visa or sponsorship support is available for this role.
Candidates may respond to this posting; we respectfully ask for no agency approaches.