As our Data Engineer, you will function as a consultant between our technology unit and other business units to understand their challenges. You’ll ask questions and present ideas that enable them to solve those data problems with code. Our team is 100% remote, but you must be willing to travel 2 days a month for team meetings.
To thrive in this role, you must understand how to query and process large data sets of 200,000 rows or more, ideally in SQL. You must also have functional knowledge of at least 1 programming language like Python. Be prepared to share an example of how you have worked with multiple tables to develop a solution to a business problem (real or hypothetical for more junior candidates).
What You’ll Do
- Every day you will begin with a set of technical specifications to begin coding solutions to issues across the business. Our team’s success isn’t just implementing the code but seeing that those insights are implemented by the business, and they have the necessary tools to accomplish the goal. More senior Data Scientists will write these technical specifications while junior applicants are doing the work to translate specs into functional code.
- Ask questions and do quality testing to understand if the solution meets the objectives of the business or the goal we set for the business. You will work side-by-side with the business to make sure it works as expected, not just as designed.
What You’ll Need
- To thrive in this role, you must have a passion for problem-solving using data. Your experience in querying the high volumes of data and doing the data analysis must inform how you design solutions that align with the business objectives.
- Being proficient with SQL and programming languages such as Python and Spark is a must.
- Experience with data integration from different sources into Big Data systems is preferable.
- Experience quality testing and coding. These solutions will deploy across products that are important to our customers and the business. They must be high-quality and functional.
- A willingness to collaborate. Our best work is done when we work together - either with non-technical or technical leads. You should be interested in learning from others regardless of their role in the organization.
- You have worked previously with an Agile team or understand these concepts. You expect to participate in daily standup meetings, you’ll complete your projects or stories during our sprints, and
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts
AAA Texas is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. The strength of our organization is our employees. Bringing together and supporting different cultures, backgrounds, personalities, and strengths creates a team capable of delivering legendary, lifetime service to our members. When we embrace our diversity – we win. All of Us! With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team
Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer