Sr. Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist is a member of the Big Data team department. The Senior will be able to take on specific tasks and drive a whole project from inception to completion on the operations side. The Senior will be used to consistent communication with stakeholders with various Business and IT partners within the organization to plan and achieve project initiatives. The Senior role is committed to managing projects according to accelerated timelines and ensuring all analysts under its stewardship have the resources needed to complete tasks on time.
- Identify proper data sources necessary for projects and ensure they are accurately imported and joined.
- Identify proper analytic methodology and ensure analytic efforts are executed correctly.
- Ensure all projects have proper documentation taking into account potential regulatory, legal, or business concerns
- Lead communication of project results/challenges to business partners in ways they can understand. Proactive communication of delays to planned efforts.
- Ensure project tasks are fully planned to include understanding of how implementation affects other units, how to measure results, how to achieve the expected benefit, etc.
- Identify and propose new technologies and tools that could benefit the Big Data team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science) with master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a traditional Data or Analytics corporate environment
- Must have strong SQL skills
- R, Python experience (expertise in at least 1)
- Familiarity w/ Tableau reporting
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Distributed Systems, and Big Data ecosystem
- Able to rapidly learn new processes/subjects
- Innovative mindset with demonstrated creativity or innovation in some past work experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, whether in a formal or informal role
- Ability to understand the big picture and drive the initiatives the lead to completion of the overall big picture
- Ability to work in cross-functional/departmental groups and keep multiple moving pieces straight
- Mentor and assist analysts in their respective functions and responsibilities.
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.