- Make a difference in a global organisation using data science
- Stand up the capability to do data science
- Help to define the value generated
Have you used Data Science to make a significant change in the way your organisation is run?
This is an awesome opportunity to use your skills and experience in a global organisation that generates enormous volumes of information that is used for multiple purposes. From information gathered that is reused to build evidence into the design of their programmes; to information used to optimise interactions with their clients and through to data that describes their internal operations.
They have a large number of systems used to capture and store this information with pockets of capability and processes focusing on driving operational improvement. As they move into the next strategy period, they have identified the need to better use their information to prioritise and improve their decision making.
As the Data Scientist you will:
- Shape and frame the questions and problems they are seeking to answer and solve through the use of data
- Identify and source the data required to answer the question(s) / problem(s)
- Review and test the quality and accuracy of the data sourced and work with the functions to make improvements
- Work with data governance and enterprise architecture teams to develop a framework for data analytics to drive improvements in data collection, storage, data structures, descriptions, relationships and data attribute definitions
- Utilise mathematical, statistical and algorithmic modelling techniques to convert the data into actionable insights and create value in the data held
- Apply different analytical approaches and techniques to explore and uncover hidden patterns in data
- Exploit different technologies and coding techniques (e.g. Python, R, MatLab, SQL etc) to analyse, interpret large data in structured; unstructured; semi-structured formats from internal and external sources
- Visualise the insights as part of communicating data analytics stories
- Communicate actionable data insights to a wide variety of stakeholders from across the organisation to help decision makers
- Prepare written reports to communicate findings from data analytics research and proof of concepts aimed to create value from data to support the most marginalised and deprived children through our breakthroughs
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
Essential skills and experience needed:
- Building mathematical, statistical and algorithmic models to convert data into actionable insights
- Programming in a relevant coding language such as R, Matlab, SQL or Python etc
- Structured, unstructured, semi-structured, data from internal and external sources
- Different technologies used in the exploitation of data to solve problems
- Collaborating and consulting with a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders from different functions e.g. HR, Finance, IT, Supply Chain, Procurement
- Proven requirements gathering and analysis skills to clearly define problem statements and shape the questions that need to be answered using data
- Ability to understand and manage stakeholder requirements/drivers and manage expectations
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate/mediate
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
In return, you will be rewarded with up to £60k plus excellent benefits including 30 days holiday, some home working and a very generous pension plus usual benefits. Based in the west end their offices are in a great location with easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross stations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Scientist to make a significant change and impact in a hugely positive organisation who have a huge global presence, where the work you contribute impacts people on a larger scale.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. VC Talent is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.