Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Graduate Data Analyst in Kainos you will is responsible for matching the needs of data insight with understanding of the available data. Data analysts work closely with customers to produce insight products including reports, dashboards and visualisations but also contribute to project understanding of existing data structures so that inputs and outputs are fully understood.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our Data Engineering teams means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise. MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently studying, or already completed, a relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of discovering, gathering and wrangling data from various data sources for analysis
- Able to understand the client’s business challenge and work with colleagues to identify data visualisation and dashboard approaches to help address the customer needs.
- Understand how to identify missed opportunities for data insight.
- Basic understanding of data model and modelling techniques.
- Clear written and verbal communications; able to explain findings and techniques to a non-technical audience.
- Awareness for the importance of stakeholder engagement and understands how to gather data requirements.
- Familiar with the production of data analysis outputs such as profiling reports, data quality reports, etc.
- Good SQL knowledge; able to read and understand XML and JSON.
- Able to advise managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of data insight products.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
Assessments are likely to take place in Nov/Dec 2022. If we hold a second wave of assessments you may not be contacted until the New Year.
- Experienced with structured and unstructured data
- Able to review and comment on data models– for example pointing out why models are defective and suggesting improvements.
- Able to give feedback and mentor more junior colleagues
- Experience of Power BI, Tableau and
- Experience of Google Analytics (other web analytics tools)
- Experience in combining qualitative and quantitative datasets
- Experience of system performance analysis.
These roles will commence in Summer 2023.
At Kainos, we recognise many of the greatest ideas and innovations come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to cultivating an inclusive working environment that drives changes in Technology. Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from groups who are typically under-represented in this sector including women, non-binary and transgender people. Read about flexible working, parental leave and other benefits here. All appointments will be on the basis of merit. Who You Are
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).