Position Title: Global Process Engineer - Data Analyst
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Main
Grade: Grade 05
Requisition ID: 6493
Process Engineer, Data Analyst
The Technical Services Process Engineer, Data Analyst is responsible for:
- Use analytics and software tools to monitor and drive factory performance and support plants to sustain and make continuous improvement against key manufacturing targets to deliver Sustainable Cost Advantage (SCA)
- Contribute to identifying improved equipment and processes, Start-up Management and sustainment of performance
- Increase the knowledge and capability of best operating practice, process control, and in-process metrics within various manufacturing levels
- Review data validity, integrity for equipment and understand our systems intimately
- Support training MFG, QA and R&D on need for in process metrics
- Support review of manufacturing metrics with the facilities to drive consistency and stimulate recovery events and critical thinking
- Support plant startup, commissioning, and handover to manufacturing for large projects
- Participate in focused improvement teams across regions to deliver immediate impact to cost reduction and support SCA across the network.
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to perform each job duty to meet expectations as written by key business drivers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or related field); Additional related work experience in lieu may be considered
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 5 or more years of experience in Manufacturing, Maintenance, R&D, Technical Services / Process control, Data Analytics, Data Integration, Programming or Packaging.
- Process Engineering: design and optimization of production lines
- Control loop programming and enhancement
- Read, interpret and create process narratives from P&ID’s
- Strong presentation capabilities
- Capable of collecting, organizing, statistically analyzing, and presenting data.
- Ability to work independently and within teams on abstract projects with minimal supervision.
KEY BUSINESS DRIVERS
- Sustainable Cost Advantage
- Plant Recovery and Efficiency
- Best in Class Execution
- Big data processing, integration, coding and programing history
- Financial analysis of manufacturing materials and usage
- Project Management skills and training
- JMP, Mini-tab, or other statistical software experience
- Lean manufacturing or six sigma training
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, Quality, and Technical Services - Global and Regional teams
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Engineering & Technical
Division: Global Supply Chain
Department: Global Tech Services
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)