The Data Engineer II is responsible for the design, creation, production support, and performance tuning of the international data warehouse and data lakehouse, data platforms, analytics, and reporting environments.
The holder of this role will also be responsible for implementing and supporting the integration of our data and analytics platforms with other corporate applications. This includes responsibility for configuring and maintaining data visualization tools/dashboards for the business. The Data Engineer II will collaborate with different IT teams and will utilize data engineering skills (e.g. Apache Spark/Databricks) and other technical expertise to design and develop complex solutions.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engage in the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of data systems.
- Provide expertise in data management, integration, analytics, reporting, and assist with technical and non-technical questions.
- Develop and automate data pipelines.
- Design and deploy scalable cloud solutions.
- General understanding of GDPR system compliance and its application to data management.
- Cleanse and prepare data.
- Conduct reviews of code being designed and developed by peers and partners.
- Provide technical support for code deployments, query optimization, and investigating data issues in data warehouses, operational data stores, and other disparate data sources.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Expertise in database design, administration, and maintenance.
- Expertise in designing and deploying highly scalable cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Understanding of ETL Framework and tools.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management solutions (Informatica) and their implementation.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight and direction.
- Strong documentation skills and knowledgebase article management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or related field as outlined in the essential duties; or other qualifications (e.g. BTEC/NVQ) and 4 years of relevant experience working in data analyst/engineer capacity in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in data and/or software engineering or related field as outlined in the essential duties.
- 2+ years of experience with Incident/Service Management (preferred ServiceNow).
- 1+ years of experience with supporting multiple layers of the OSI model and 2 years of relevant classroom experience in lieu of professional experience.
- 1+ years of experience with user administration and 2 years of relevant classroom experience in lieu of professional experience.
- 1+ years’ experience with technical issue tracking and providing technical support to stakeholders.
- Strong grasp of basic security principles and practices as it pertains to a business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to document incidents fully and maintain records of fixes applied to improve service delivery, etc.
- 1+ years’ experience of developing data dashboards (Tableau, PowerBI).
- Advanced understanding in the use of Apache Spark for data processing.
- Knowledge of most popular software languages and technology stacks (SQL, python and scala).
- Strong hands-on experience with DevOps and cloud automation.
- Experience in designing and deploying systems based on a micro-service architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of data privacy requirements (GDPR, BDSG, PIPEDA, HIPAA).
- Knowledge of UIPath for robotic process automation (RPA).
If you require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.