Within the company’s Digital Transformation journey that leads to an increasing data driven and simulationbased decision-making process, the IT Department has undertaken an evolution path towards a Digital First Operating model enabling a Digital First Organisation while developing a “customer” and “value generation” obsessed IT team. We are in the process of building a talented Data Strategy & Analytics Team that will conduct the cloudization of the Data Lake pursuing objectives in terms of Customer Data Platform, BI Selfservice Dashboards & Machine Learning models to create value across the entire company value chain (end to end from product development to After Sales).
Role Mission & Key Accountabilities
As a Data Engineer of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be included in data engineering initiatives and build end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective. You will be included in the definition and implementation of how data gets stored, consumed and managed by different entities in the company. You will excel in this role if you have a broad knowledge of ETL, reporting systems & Cloud Data Platforms and a passion for designing and creating new solutions.
Main activities are:
• Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes.
• Design the architecture of the Data platform to implement the Data strategy and ensure its implementation according to the compliance and quality standards.
• Work together with Enterprise Architects, Data Engineers in order to design the build and the deployment pipelines.
• Take ownership of production systems with a focus on CI/CD and infrastructure.
• Master’s degree in Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or related STEM discipline.
• Knowledge of SQL, NOSQL, Big Data and data modelling concepts.
• Advanced coding experience with at least one of the following: Python, Scala, Java.
• Good knowledge of ETL tools and experience with CI/CD is a plus
• Knowledge of the Cloud Data Architecture on one of the main cloud providers (e.g., AWS/GCP/Microsoft)
• Knowledge & Experience in the following constitute a plus:
• Product based organisations & teams
• Agile approach
• DevOps/DevSecOps operating model
• Proven ability to work on site and remotely within an international team spread over multiple time zones
• Problem-solving aptitude combined with excellent verbal and written communication
• Ingenuity and creativity combined with good problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills combined with good interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
• Fluency in Italian and English is a must
Must Have Skills
• SQL & working with relational databases
• Understanding of data models
Nice To Have Skills
• Experience with ETL, CI/CD environments & Infrastructure-as-code
• Cloud-native development with gcp,aws
• Travis, Jenkins
• Script shell