About the Company Our client is a leading European savings and retirement services group. They focus on growing their franchise, via acquisition, transfer, or reinsurance of portfolios from other insurers, and delivering a competitive long-term return to their customers. At the end of 2022, this Group had c.1,700 employees and 2.7 million customers with Assets under Management and Administration of €73.8bn. Why work here? Guided by their values – Dare to be different, seek simplicity, Care and Do the right thing – Our clients have ambitious plans to grow their business across Europe and they are looking for team players to join them on their journey. They offer a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment where their actions define them, more than any words or
Purpose of this role
- Working as part of the Data Services team, the candidate will work closely with their business and delivery partners to define and analyse current & incoming data requests.
- Lead initiatives that advance their Data strategy and help business functions adopt best practices in data management including Data Governance and Data Standards.
- Lead and coordinate Data Services delivery of business analysis activities across data related projects (including migration, integration, data governance and data quality projects)
- Build in depth understanding of mapping from multiple sources to the enterprise Data platform including the mapping of master and reference data.
- Gather data requirements through workshops and meetings, analyse to understand and minimize unnecessary variation, document & co-ordinate business/IT SME reviews and approvals for all Data related projects/activities.
- Work with business Subject Matter Experts (SME), IT SME’s and near/offshore analysts in data mapping and data integrations
- Working knowledge of data regulations concerning anti money laundering, data privacy/security and GDPR
Key Contribution Areas
Personal Capabilities Required
- Produce detailed Business Requirement Specification Documents and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to development commencement.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Support analysis of optimum sources for the data including availability in existing Enterprise Data Warehouse(s) or potential to derive from new source feeds for consolidation.
- Support UAT during all phases of testing to ensure requirements as detailed in the Business Requirement Specification document have been delivered and are ready for release.
- Arrange and conduct meetings, workshops, and presentations for a variety of audiences, both technical and business facing, demonstrating consistently high-quality communication, elicitation, and persuasive skills.
- Build effective working relationships with business partners and across the Group at all levels to aid effective collaboration and communication.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and organization skills. Comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization
- Excellent data analysis skills using SQL, Excel or similar.
- High levels of enthusiasm, commitment, and energy required. Results-oriented with a “can-do” attitude –adaptable, flexible, and resourceful to work through short and long-term issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to win commitment from others.
- Excellent business writing and minute taking skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative with a highly flexible attitude, whilst maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Good time management and the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
- Self-motivated – Takes an enthusiastic approach and can work under own initiative without need for close supervision to achieve results.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skill Required
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and present information and data in a practical format and articulate to all levels.
- Excellent time management to ensure deadlines are met and critical projects are prioritised.
- Flexibility to cater with changing work and time demands.
- Experience in the Insurance Sector
- Excellent MS Office skills