Job roles: Data Engineer, Big Data Engineer
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Employment type: Permanent
Remote working: Hybrid
Volteras is an early stage, fully funded, clean tech start-up building the future of electric vehicle software.
Our mission is to organise and leverage data to accelerate the transition to a greener and smarter future.
We’re looking to expand our team with exceptional people who work hard on difficult problems that have a significant climate impact.
Who are we looking for
You will have a key role in shaping, scoping and building products for an innovative clean tech company that’s scaling up globally.
As Senior Data Engineer joining the data team, you will report directly to our CDO and will have a key role shaping the data engineering culture at Volteras and handle the entire DataOps lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is experienced in managing end-to-end complex data pipelines and enjoys building and optimising data systems.
- Promote and foster our data curation efforts by designing, building, automating, testing and monitoring data pipelines in close collaboration with data stakeholders using best practices around security and governance;
- Play a key role in implementing and maintaining our data lakehouse;
- Ensure data quality by implementing continuous testing of pipelines and data;
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to maintain internal alignment;
- Champion and lead the use of data engineering best practices.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL;
- Extensive experience working with databases, data modelling and big data;
- Experience with batch and streaming processing, real-time applications, event-based architectures and pub/sub patterns (e.g. Kafka);
- Experience with large scale data processing (e.g. Spark);
- Experience with data lake / warehousing solutions (Databricks, Snowflake);
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS preferred);
- Experience with CI/CD workflows and git best practices;
- Familiarity with dbt, great expectations;
- Familiarity with APIs (REST, GraphQL);
- Familiarity with Docker and terraform.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary;
- 28 days holiday, in addition to UK bank and public holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work wherever you want: join our London office or work remotely;
- We value work-life balance and friendly environment.
Competitive salary (range advertised in the respective open positions). Equity options. A high-growth, fast-paced environment with great team. A lot of autonomy and product ownership. You'll be a hugely valued part of the team.
- Screening form (~3 minutes completion time)
- Screening call (~30 minutes)
- Technical take-at-home assessment (~5 hours over a week)
- Technical interview call (~1 hour)
- Final call (~30 minutes)