Senior Data Scientist
HealthCare.com is looking to grow our elite Data Science team. As a Senior Data Scientist you will be part of the design, development, and deployment of Healthcare Inc.’s machine learning platform including: feature vector generation, experiment design, model generation, model evaluation. You will collaborate with both data engineers, clinical, and product towards building the models and rule generation that will drive Healthcare’s guidance platform to insure, ensure, and assure.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will answer core business questions like what products work for whom, what target audiences to engage, what solutions to implement at each stage of the customer journey, solutions for improving engagement and conversion rates, and identify marketplace dynamics. This opportunity is great for professionals with a shared vision of building an extraordinary platform and serve healthcare consumers through the power of data science!
About the Company
Founded in 2014, HealthCare.com is a privately-owned company whose mission is to help consumers make better healthcare decisions. We’re focused on improving how people shop for and enroll in health insurance coverage through data, content, and superior customer service. Our mission is to empower individuals, families, and small businesses by providing information and recommendations. We have an elite team of over 170 teammates in Miami, Indianapolis, New York City, Guatemala City, and distributed around the globe.
What You’ll Do:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with large, complex data sets
- Build and develop all necessary data pipelines
- Develop and deploy streaming microservices that enrich the raw data with knowledge and models Develop and deploy standard evaluation frameworks
- Develop and deploy per member optimization simulations across financial, clinical and experience outcome variables
- Contribute to the success of the team with specific experiment and research directions that can take our guidance platform to the next level
- Develop predictive and prescriptive models
Who You Are:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You’re able to inspire through your work and motivate others
- You have the ability to be both strategic and tactical
What You Have:
- Ph.D/MS or combined 5+ years of experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related quantitative fieldsExperience in high concurrency distributed platforms and applied mathematics
- Work experience with distributing Computing: Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Cassandra, ElasticSearch Building and developing data pipelines
- Experience leveraging public data sources to enhance machine learning
- Strong programming experience in Python and/or R: including pandas, numpy, scipy, sklearn, seaborn, plotly
- Machine learning experience: DeepLearning, Random Forests, gradient boosting, logistic regression, time-series, k-mean, built Lasso regression, vector embeddings, and more
- Experience with ML Platforms like: SageMaker, Tensorflow, Matlab, and others
- Understanding of metrics like precision/recall curves, ROC and more
- Ability to handle large volumes of heterogeneous medical data
- Experience building and designing feature vectors, application of multiple machine learning architectures such as deep learning (MPL, RSTM, etc), Random Forest, Bayesian, Regression, model validation ROC and Precision/Recall, Ensemble models, multi-Ranking, Embeddings, and others
- Advanced experience prototyping predictive models on various tasks, and having finished with initial tests, confirmed by domain experts
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% company paid premiums for the employee
- Up to 15 days of paid time off
- 10 company observed holidays with an additional 3 floating holidays
- Annual learning and development stipend
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave
- EAP services
- 401k plan with company match
- Most importantly, an inclusive company culture established by an incredible team!
Get to Know Us!
We celebrate diversity, and we’re committed to providing an inclusive work environment. This means our hiring and employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.