The People Insights Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, storing and reporting People-related data and delivering it to business stakeholders in an easily-understood, business-relevant way. With experience in the collection, storage and quality control of Booking.com’s HR systems data, they are able to connect the business to practical reporting solutions, ensuring that People-related decisions can be made with reference to data-driven insights.
The People Insights Data Analyst is on the team responsible for providing the business with actionable intelligence on a variety of HR problems using a variety of HR data sources. The People Insights Data Analyst’s priorities will be threefold: 1) supporting global HR products delivered to business leadership (strategic priority metrics, Leadership Team scorecards, etc), 2) supporting the People Insights data scientist in delivering advanced and predictive analytics into the Global business. and 3) supporting the larger People Analytics team in providing support to the Global HR team. Because Booking.com relies on multiple systems for tracking people-related data, the People Insights Analyst should have experience managing data from multiple sources and utilising a broad range of tools such as Workday, CruncHR, Google suite, and Tableau to create insightful, multi-dimensional business reports.
With a high-level of detail orientation with the ability to take a step back to understand how data can impact strategy, the successful candidate for this role is someone who has a huge amount of energy and enthusiasm for the potential for data to impact business decision making. They are a team player who has experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and is passionate exploring the potential improving the employee experience through analytics and reporting.
- Complete cycle of gathering, checking, cleaning and using our data.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, reports and insights for the business leadership.
- Provide process improvements for all processes
- Build scalable datasets and models that support continued growth in the understanding of the Employee Experience.
- Supporting to answer employee experience research questions with insights uncovered through data.
- Providing analytical support on a range of cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Working closely with other technical or analytical departments to ensure PII data is accurate and consistently used for similar purposes
- Actively interacts with the data communities within Booking.com to understand developments in the company infrastructure
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and statistics
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting (SQL and either Python or R…)
- Experience with Workday, Greenhouse and other HR systems is a plus.
- Experience translating HR metrics and analytics to business leaders
- Ability to deliver quickly against tight deadlines
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, economics, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Interest in organisational psychology/employee experience
- Communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
- Knowledge and experience using data analysis and visualization tools (e.g: tableau, data studio, powerbi, mixpanel, etc)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.