SENIOR DATA ANALYST – DATA ANALYTICS
- We are looking to fill this role in London, UK
The Real-World Evidence team supports biopharmaceutical companies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ medical device industries build economic and epidemiological evidence to demonstrate and support the value of their products. Through analysis of large health administrative databases (e.g., medical claims, electronic health records, registries, etc.), we may provide key information such as:
- Treatment patterns and drug utilization
- Resource utilization
- The incidence and prevalence of diseases and co-morbidities
- The incidence of adverse events
- The impact of various risk factors
- Burden of disease
- Comparative effectiveness data
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for implementing a range of moderate to complex analyses in support of epidemiologic studies for a key client account. This individual will work independently to support the sponsor team on epidemiological studies using large health administrative databases such as MarketScan/Truven, Optum, CPRD, etc, and will be required to provide input in the planning and designing phases of projects. The main programming language is SAS (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro), but this position also requires knowledge of Python, PySpark or R. Promising SAS candidates without these additional skills will be provided the opportunity for additional training. In addition, this individual will participate in quantitative analysis of retrospective and prospective data, clinical and observational, and both existing data and data collected explicitly for research objectives (de novo data collection) working with the researchers in Evidera.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Implements cohort selection, variable derivation, data management, analyses for the type of studies described above, and production of results using SAS or another of the programming languages specified above with little or no supervision
- Conducts validation and review of programs developed by other programmers in the team.
- Reviews and assists in the development of a protocol or statistical analyses plan with responsibility for planning and design phases of projects.
- Independently handle client communication around cohort selection, and variable definitions.
- Act as main point of contact on client calls and present findings when requested.
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Education fields: Epidemiology, Health Economics, Biostatistics or related field
- Senior level expert in quantitative methods in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or statistics with the focus on data analysis using observational retrospective data, claims data, or clinical trial data using SAS (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro)
- Working experience in Python, PySpark or R; SQL also relevant. Training will be provided for promising candidates without these additional experiences
- Experience working with large databases such as MarketScan/Truven, Flatiron/EMR data, or similar are essential
- Advanced knowledge of scientific research methods and practical knowledge of research implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of fundamentals of health economics and epidemiology.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant methodology and statistics.
- Experience in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and document information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails and other written pieces which are well-organized, free from errors, and are appropriately adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
- Able to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects, as well as resilience when encountering process, project, budget or client changes that are inherent in the consulting environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop and sustain positive rapport with internal and external contacts in person, over the phone and by email.
- Experience presenting ideas to individuals and groups in a formal presentation setting
- Able to analyze complex issues and evidence, identify cause-effect relationships, and generate effective solutions
- Delivers a positive internal/external client experience; listens and understand the client's needs, and provides solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment in analyzing, responding to, and resolving enquiries, issues and escalations.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.Perks:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.