Position: Crime and Data Analyst
Purpose of the Job
Analyses and interprets data, presenting reports that provide valuable insights to develop internal structures and processes for detecting and reducing criminal activities across the business.
- Analyses and interprets data to determine crime patterns, trends, series, hot spots and long-term problems. Analysis of performance data and develop pre-season business plans
- Provides reports on data analysis and provides insights into response strategies
- Develops and maintains internal structures and processes OR Provides advice on best practices for the business
- Project Management
- Database development and maintenance
- Provides support to investigative team
Job Incumbent Requirements
- Tertiary qualification (e.g. Degree in criminal justice, criminology, statistics or social sciences) would be an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a role related actively involved in data analysis
- Law enforcement experience desirable
- Proven ability to work with IBM Analyst Notebook 2
- Advanced PC Literacy : Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Utilizing data analysis software including geographical information systems (GIS) and crime mapping system
- Working knowledge of data analysis applications, tools, and systems
- Research capability
- Sound knowledge of statistical methodology
- Knowledge of Criminal procedures and related legislation
- Strong analytical ability
- OSINT extraction and analysis
- Competencies required: Accuracy, Structuring, Integrity, Initiative, Analysing People’s motivations, Cooperation, Analysing and Forming Opinions, Strategic Insights and Drive
Closing date: Wednesday, 15 September 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and an internal application form to our SkillsMap platform using the following link: https://pepstores-internal.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/53423
All external candidates please use the following link: https://pepstores.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/53423
Click here to complete the POPIA Job Applicant consent form which is required for Internal and
External applicants: https://forms.gle/tzEcTrtuKzE5dh9M8
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.