Facebook is looking for exceptionally talented and experienced data engineers to join the Partnerships Central Systems, Data and Tools team. The Partnerships team at Facebook works with leading content creators, publishers, and businesses in entertainment, sports, news, and many other verticals. This role is a unique opportunity to work with one of the most important datasets in the world to create analytics tools and systems that enable field organizations, analysts and clients alike. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match. The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving and a belief in the power of incremental change in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop methods to unlock access to data for stakeholders across the Partnerships Organization
- Design, build and maintain efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts)
- Architect build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, and make recommendations
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- Support on-call shift as needed to assist the team
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
- 4+ years experience in custom ETL/data pipeline design, implementation and maintenance
- 4+ years experience of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc.)
- Expert coding skills with at least one object-oriented programming language (Python, Java, PHP)
- Experience with data architecture, data modeling, schema design and software development
- Experience with large data sets, Hadoop, and data visualization tools
- Experience initiating and driving projects, and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients/stakeholders
- Experience with packages such as R, Tableau, SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.
- Familiar with version control systems (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.