Market Range: 09
Hiring Salary Range: $47,476.00- $59,350.24
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position works at the Center for Health System Improvement (CHSI) to analyze the EHR and administrative claims databases work of the CHSI and the UTHSC Health Alliance. Other duties include assisting with the design, analysis, and interpretation of various health services research studies and helping to operationalize research questions, create study cohorts, apply analytic approaches, and assist with interpretation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulates study cohorts for specific projects, which includes creating a core analytical file.
- Develops research designs and analysis plans in collaboration with the study investigators.
- Conducts statistical analysis under the direct supervision of the study investigators.
- Establishes tables, figures, and other research related materials for scientific papers and grant applications.
- Participates in writing manuscripts and working on reports.
- Builds and maintains analytical dashboards on Tableau containing quarterly/monthly statistics and performance metrics.
- Creates practice improvement reports for the data providers participating in the Diabetes, Wellness, and Prevention Coalition (DWPC) Registry and Practice-Based Research Network (PBRN).
- Assists with cleaning data and managing the DWPC-PBRN.
- Collaborates with faculty to provide ad hoc reports.
- Convenes with the research team and participates in regular research planning meetings.
- Works closely with the Data Engineer at CHSI, UT information technology, and Center for Biomedical Informatics at UTHSC.
- Performs administrative duties for research projects to include paperwork preparation for IRB approvals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field of study. (Master’s Degree preferred). (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years’ experience using SAS, SQL, or R and working with large databases. (Five years’ experience using SAS, SQL, or R and working with large databases and experience with GIS preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with SAS or SQL or R programming.
- Ability to manage large, linked data sets and create analytical files.
- Good communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge to perform statistical test (descriptive tests, multivariable regression, survival analysis, and more complex statistical analyses) independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and work ethic.
- Ability to provide accurate documentation of completed work.
- Experience and skill with SQL.
- Experience and skill with GIS.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position may be required to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.