What is the opportunity?
The DNA (Data & Analytics) group is responsible for enabling and implementing RBC’s Data Vision. We build data-driven Services aimed to serve our vision of making every single client interaction informed by A.I. within the next three years. We work with peta bytes of data. Above all, our work has a direct impact in the way we interact with our consumers.
What will you do?
- Data Engineering : Our workflows include Graphs and exist both in on-prem and Cloud.
- Data Science Model Productionization: work closely with fellow Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Business to productionize End to End Analytic solutions
- Design and Deliver reactive APIs using Spring WebFlux.
- Spring WebFlux is developed in Java and deployed to Pivotal Cloud Foundry and hosted Apigee API gateway. All backend code developed in Scala. REDIS Cache and NoSQL databases also part of the ecosystem.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience leveraging big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Data Pipelines) to build data products
- Experience writing clean and concise code using Scala and Java
- Experience building Reactive APIs
- Experience with public cloud environments
- A passion for simplifying and automating work, making things better, continuous learning, open-ended problems, efficiency and helping others
- Knowledgeable about containers and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos); knowledgeable about data modeling, data access and data storage techniques.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs