Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech’s data analytics team is growing. We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our Vancouver office. This data analyst position offers the opportunity to support our Transportation Engineering Practice, which includes a multidisciplinary team of engineers and technologists, with a focus on asset management, pavement design, and geotechnical engineering. The Transportation Practice is supported by Tetra Tech’s world class transportation asset condition data collection and testing technologies (FWD, HWD, Class 1 profilers, forward looking and 360° digital video, LiDAR, Class 1 profilers, Road Radar™). Together we deliver innovative engineering solutions to a wide variety of public and private sector clients in both Canada and the United States. Our team develops programs and implements powerful algorithms that are essential to the delivery of a wide range of services using Mobile Spatial Imaging Systems (LiDAR), 3D laser technology, GPS, and Panoramic imagery.
We are currently looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join our Vancouver office. This position offers the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and technologists, including Tetra Tech’s world class non-destructive testing technologies (FWD, HWD, high speed inertial profilers with forward looking and 360 digital video and LiDAR, Class 1 profilers, Road Radar™) supported by our construction and geotechnical specialists, to deliver innovative pavements engineering solutions to our public and private sector clients in Canada and the United States. Our team develops programs and implements powerful algorithms that are essential to the delivery of a wide range of services using Mobile Spatial Imaging Systems (LiDAR), 3D laser technology, GPS, and Panoramic imagery.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects involving data and database management, data analytics, and data presentation to various teams within Tetra Tech. This position will work with our team of recognized industry experts and will provide specialized expertise and solutions to our clients.
- Work closely with our project team to provide high level service to our clients
- Work with project managers and data processing team to contribute to project setup and execution
- Analyze pavement distress and corridor asset infrastructure data collected from our LiDAR and 3D roadway laser distress measurement technologies
- Prepare data to for delivery to clients, both internal and external, in formats including Access databases, geodatabases, and SQL databases.
- Show resourcefulness in identifying and resolving complex problems, modifying plans as conditions change, and developing recommendations for improvements
- Quickly learn and adapt new methodologies for our applications
- Create and update online dashboards
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience; this position is open to all experience levels
- Engineering, math, computer science, analytical geography, or similar technical degree
- Experience with programming and databases (examples include Python, Oracle, SQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Advance Excel VBA)
- Experience working with data analytic software environments (examples include: PowerBI, Tableau)
- Experience developing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools is considered an asset
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
- Knowledge of statistical methods for analyzing large data sets
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to provide high quality deliverables on time, in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some Tetra Tech positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required. As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside the Metro Vancouver area).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.