Data Analyst- Remote - WD30119890179
What you will do
He/she will be responsible for modeling complex business problems, discovering insights and identifying business opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, you will beproficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
This role will work closely with business leaders, project/program managers, technical owners and other business teams to turn data into intelligence to inform sound organizational decisions.
How you will do it
- Participate in project design, requirements gathering, use case testing and the framing of business scenarios.
- Contribute to exploration of new and innovative business opportunities, in both international and domestic markets.
- Manage concurrent projects and internal customers; engage and maintain relationships with business stakeholders.
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection and integration that incorporate business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Work with technical owners to maintain network server through ETL processes and ensure maintenance of, and access to, timely enterprise data.
- Document work procedures, processes and methodologies.
- Anticipate, identify and explore patterns; develop hypotheses, and quantify relationships to answer business questions.
- Develop and deploy innovative methods, models and algorithms that positively impact bottom line.
- Validate analysis and work to diffuse findings to the enterprise.
- Ask searching, probing questions and solicit authoritative perspectives and advice prior to approval.
- Synthesize findings to make meaningful and actionable recommendations to internal customers, including executive-level leadership.
- Design visualizations and analytics communication models that tell compelling stories and incite decision makers to take action.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Working knowledge of data systems and relational databases
- 1-2 years’ in a Data Analyst role.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Deep passion for data quality and innovative methods.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while maintaining top quality with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with SQL.
- Demonstrated experience or the ability to build competency in Python.
- Experience in ETL processes and technologies (Talend is a plus).
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Job Business Strategy
Other LocationsUS-MN-Minneapolis, US-TX-Dallas, US-WI-Madison, US-IL-Chicago