We are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer Associate on our Electronic Trading Strategies (ETS) desk. ETS focuses on identifying signals in the market and developing strategies to capture the opportunities those signals represent. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, automated trading desk. The individual in this position will have 100% ownership over the initial P&L and expense accounting system project and will interface with the highest levels of the Firm for specification. Moving forward, this position will provide the individual with the ability to work on projects closer to trading upon successful completion of the initial project.
As a Data Engineer Associate, you will…
- Build a high-resolution, narrative P&L and expense accounting platform from the ground up.
- Design and implement ETL layer for merging of trading and non-trading related cash flows.
- Develop reporting infrastructure.
- Collaborate w/ end users (e.g. business analysts and Firm principals) on reporting prototypes.
- Document the platform.
- Train business analysts and Firm principals on reporting infrastructure.
As a Data Engineer Associate, it is important to…
- Possess Grit; this job is going to be a grind, especially implementing the ETL layer as it may end up requiring some manual data entry.
- Demonstrate Strong Verbal and Written Communication; this will be a high-touch role, interfacing with the highest levels of the Firm.
- Be Goal Oriented; the individual must be excited to tackle this project, see it through to completion, and be proud of what they build.
- Undergraduate or other professional degree/certification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, w/ a focus on Data Engineering.
- Programming languages: SQL, Python.
- Training/experience with database design and administration.
Additional skills/experience that will reflect favorably
- Automation platform, e.g. Airflow