Domino’s, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and over 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Analytics & Insights team has been a key contributor to driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding consumer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
For this role, we are seeking a creative problem solver with strong analytic and programming skills. This position will primarily focus on enhancing our existing forecast models and their deployment through API design and optimization, as well as measuring the simulated impact of sales and service for different levels of labor. The candidate will also contribute to the sales, supply chain, electronic food ordering, and labor forecast technical designs and implementations. The candidate should be skilled in using multiple data sources, SQL, Python, and machine learning algorithms. The ideal candidate will need to collaborate on forecast model design and testing and have strong communication skills to interpret model results and impacts for our clients. This role will also require partnering with IT specialists on data/model staging, integrating with existing platforms, and improving technical and operational algorithm/data uses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, the challenges, and demonstrate the ability to identify business opportunities that can be acted upon
- Take a lead role in further development/innovation of predictive modeling to support the field organization
- Identify and apply the best analytic and statistical techniques to evolve our internal proprietary field marketing and operations tools. Develop communications for business partners to maximize analytical impact.
- Consult with manager and internal clients on enhancements that will benefit the organization and lead to sales and profit growth
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the many internal and external data sources to leverage
- Mine and synthesize across data sources to help address opportunities leveraging SQL, R/Python, and machine learning algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong experience solving business problems with data science, emphasis on business outcomes
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in R or Python
- Applied experience with statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Ability to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of predictive modeling & machine learning techniques (classification, predictive, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world application.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, probability, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience creating engaging and compelling stories and presentations from data.
The Following are a plus but not required:
- Master’s degree in related field