About The Role & Team
Join the Data Engineering team within the Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization at The Walt Disney Company. We support clients within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products which include Parks & Resorts both domestic and international, Consumer Products and Disney Signature Experiences as well as the Disney Entertainment segment which include Studios Content (Disney Theatrical Group), General Entertainment Content, and ESPN and Sports Content.
We use technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
As a member of the Data Engineering team you will be responsible for partnering with Decision Science Products, Decision Science, Client and Technology team members on various development and sustainment projects, ad-hoc requests, prototyping and research initiatives by providing data pipeline and database engineering services.
As a Data Engineer you will work on projects such as Adventures by Disney (AbD), VIP Tours, Resort Inventory Optimization (RIO), and several upcoming initiatives. In this position, the candidate will have tasks to develop, implement, improve and support our solutions. The work will involve various data engineering activities throughout the project SDLC.What You Will Do
Work assignments may cover activities such as participation in data requirements gathering, source-to-target mapping, develop and maintaining ELT data pipelines, data quality monitoring, producing input datasets for science models and visualizations and Batch/Orchestration job scheduling. In addition to technical abilities, the role is responsible for understanding the business domain and processes, then applying that knowledge to the assigned work. This role communicates data engineering progress to the project leadership team, and actively participates in meetings and discussions.Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Experience with ELT/ETL data pipeline development and maintenance
- Expertise using Python and SQL
- Ability to showcase an understanding of one or more business domains
- Prior experience gathering data requirements and producing data design solutions
- Experience with developing in a multi environment (Dev, QA, Prod, etc.) and DevOps procedures for code deployment/promotion
- Experience crafting and building relational databases (preferably in Postgres or Snowflake)
- Experience leading and deploying code using a source control product such as GitLab/GitHub
- Able to formulate solutions and communicate sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Knowledgeable with theme park attendance, reservations and/or products
- Showed strength interacting with API’s
- Experience with data orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow
- Knowledgeable on cloud architecture and product offerings, preferably AWS
- Experience using containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field preferred/or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree preferred Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field preferred