At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are seeking an experienced data scientist to join Shutterfly’s Customer Insights and Analytics team to support key initiatives across the organization. This role will develop predictive models and analytic solutions leveraging Shutterfly’s unique and novel data sources. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in developing and deploying statistical and deep learning models, designing and executing A/B tests, and creating integrated feedback mechanisms for test and learn.
- Work with stakeholders to define objectives and measure success, establish KPIs and measurement methodologies
- Provide expertise to non-analytical peers within Marketing, Product, Finance and Engineering
- Develop experimental designs to support test and learn
- Apply advanced knowledge of SQL and the ability to extract and develop complex modeling features
- Size the impact of the models on key business measures
- Build statistical and machine learning models using Python/R.
- Provide actionable insights to drive key decisions across the organization using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Be a self-starter, eager to learn, and motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
This is a position which may be performed in any of our offices or as a remote position. As a remote position this may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
- MS or Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as computer or data science, economics, applied statistics or life sciences
- 5+ years of experience in developing and deploying machine learning and statistical models in a professional setting
- Knowledgeable about recent advancement in the field and possess a strong research mindset
- Experience with developing statistical studies in Python/R/Jupyter
- Advanced SQL skills
- Usage of cloud compute solutions, eg. AWS, GCS or Azure
- Experience with version control systems such as Github
- Hands-on experience with Unix