Ingredion is currently recruiting for the position of Data Scientist. In this role, we are seeking a skilled, passionate individual who has a rich background of working with variety of data and data sources and providing meaningful predictive outcomes. In this exciting start-up environment, you'll have the opportunity to develop data science processes from the ground up and work directly with decision-making leaders to shape the future of Ingredion’s most important strategic initiatives.
- Develop and validate statistical forecasting models or predictive models and tools
- Research and evaluate innovative analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions
- Collaborate with data engineering, analytics and data integration teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans
- Interprets and communicates analytical results to analytical and non-analytical business partners
- Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas
- Make decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and use of major statistical and mathematical analytical, decision support and modeling software and open-source tools.
- Experience of Azure Machine Learning and Azure Databricks.
- Strong coding skills using common data science tools, such as Python (strongly preferred), R
- Strong skills in data processing using SQL, Spark, or equivalent querying language
- Experience developing and validating statistical forecasting models or predictive models
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners
- Flexible, dynamic personality who can work independently in a start-up environment
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in Data Analytics with track record for developing production machine learning models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering
- Experience in the Food/ CPG/ FMCG industry is a plus