At WooliesX, our people believe in creating better everyday experiences for our community.
With 1,800+ team members, multiple practices and over 100 chapters, there’s a home for everyone here. Whether your interests lie in data driven insights and product engineering, digital media, ecom, operations, customer advocacy, commercial, agile or more, you can find your squad across all kinds of capabilities.
Our squads live their “one day”, every day. We work on Australia’s most innovative tech, design, engineering and more to transform the way that millions of Australians live and shop. Physically, you can find us in Surry Hills, but virtually, we can be anywhere.
Our culture combines the support, care and freedom that comes with being part of the Woolworths Group. We are an agile team embracing diversity of thought and positive change. We thrive on pragmatism, mutual respect, care, curiosity, openness, and a proactive attitude. As a team we continually seek ways to support and learn from each other. Role Description
The senior data scientist at WooliesX is a critical role working closely with the business to deliver high quality data science solutions. Supporting squad leaders and owning key strategic components in deliverables within a squad. You will be a technical expert and comfortable dealing with stakeholders. Role Responsibilities
- Stakeholder management
- Delivering high quality data science solutions and supporting junior data scientists to ensure standard are upheld within the group
- Data science solution design, and contextualising solutions within technology constraints
- Ability to explain complex concepts to business stakeholders
- Document and productionise data science work to ensure solution are reusable
- Technically guide other data scientists in the team.
- Stakeholder management
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Data Science solution design
- Technical data science expertise
- Programming skills (preferably Python)
Grow with the Group
- Cloud experience, preferably in GCP
- Ability to build model features
- Experience in building complex data science solutions for business stakeholders
- A good understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Coding experience, preferably using Python
- SQL Skills
- Experience with productionising machine learning solutions
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.