Incorporated in 2006; Headquartered in Chantilly, VA. Viedtech has established itself globally with its services and solution excellence. Viedtech offers fast, reliable, cost effective and value added GIS, CAD and Staffing Services.
We constantly strive hard to refine our quality, expand our capabilities, increase our efficiency, and elevate the superior level of customer service by delivering excellent and targeted solutions with professional integrity.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team using cutting edge cloud and data technologies to deliver Big Data platform. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of.
The hire must be self-directed and will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up
In this tip of the spear work, you'll be part of a team using Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure PaaS, data science, data analytics, and data warehousing to pioneer Azure cloud and data services.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture using Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure PaaS
- Develop medium to complex algorithms using either Python or Scala on Azure Databricks platform
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Cosmos and Azure big data technologies.
- Keep data separated and secure across functional boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets using Azure Big Data Tools and services
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Attend daily Scrum meetings to understand the project due dates, deliverables, and deadlines
- Help as needed in other functional areas of the project including training and analysis
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's Degree and previous data engineer experience
- Hands on experience with Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure PaaS
- Experience with Azure Cosmos, data science, data analytics, and data warehousing
- Desire to cross train in various software application functions including training and analysis