Remote / Home working anywhere within UK
We are looking for a passionate data scientist to join a growing data consulting organisation to support the utilities sector. Having experienced their best financial performance over the last 12 months, this is a great opportunity for an individual to join a growing team of a highly regarded consultancy going through a period of sustained growth.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who will be responsible for creating a variety of statistical models, database manipulation, in-depth analysis and presenting findings to clients. You will tackle the significant challenges our clients face alongside the passionate and honest team.
As a Data Scientist, your responsibilities will include:
To deliver a wide range of interesting and challenging projects, covering areas such as leakage estimation, strategy, and analysis; night-use analysis; demand forecasting; water conservation and smart metering.
- Ensure that the company values are advocated during all project work, collaborating effectively with the project team and the wider company.
- Demonstrate a wide understanding of the domain to perform analyses effectively in each of the project areas.
- Play a key role in the project team, offering help and suggestions to solve problems.
- Understand how best to challenge leaders’ decisions, presenting all relevant information to find a solution.
- Accept and implement team decisions and take responsibility for your outputs.
Planning and organising project set up, data requests, and use of appropriate business project planning tools.
- Utilise business and project systems such as 10,000ft, SharePoint, Slack, Gitlab and the shared server (e.g. T: Drive) effectively.
- Manage your own time and highlight any conflicts quickly and efficiently.
Performing data analysis and application of data management and statistical techniques required for project delivery using a combination of data manipulation, exploratory analysis, programming, modelling, and understanding of the outputs and implications.
- Demonstrate an application of the core data science skills, whilst gaining more experience and expertise in at least one data science technical area which is useful for the business.
- Contribute to project outputs, developing your own ideas for how best to achieve this.
Provision of innovative services to aid in research and the development of specialist data services.
- Continual development and demonstrating self-learning, highlighting your technical area.
Presentation of results to clients in an engaging, clear, and concise way to help our clients understand the work we have provided.
- Use the appropriate template, style, and language in the production of all project outputs.
- Understand the target audience to provide clear and concise content to assist the project managers with the delivery of the results.
- Develop your own ideas for outputs and challenge the norm.
- A degree with a mathematical, scientific, data science or engineering background is necessary with a Masters or PhD being highly desirab;e
- At least 2 years’ commercial experience of working in a lively data science or analytics environment.
- Experience and/or formal training in statistics.
- Experience of using machine learning, visualisation tools for data analysis, mathematical modelling.
- Experience of using R in the workplace for data analysis and statistical modelling.
- You will be confident and proactive, and able to work as part of a team to deliver challenging project objectives.
- Experience of technical report writing and verbally communicating results.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Fully remote working or hybrid working from Bristol office
- Flexible working around core hours
- Wellbeing Wednesdays with 2pm finish
- Enhanced maternity ( 6 months full pay) & enhanced paternity leave
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Performance related bonus