- Data Engineer - Engineer IILocation:
US remote or hybrid; CST/EST preferredGL
: 9 (for internal use only)
As a member of the Data Operations team, you will help modernize the extensive data domain of the Issuer Solutions business. As we redesign and reimagine our client-facing and internal tools, data quality and consistency across multiple tools and platforms will be a key factor in our success, and the DataOps team is tasked with ensuring that all data consumers, from developers to business analysts to clients, have tools to access the data they need in the format they need it.Responsibilities
What We’re Looking For
- Designing and implementing data-ingestion and data-publishing tools for diverse datasets.
- Implementing and maintaining data-monitoring and data-cataloguing tools.
- Implementing and maintaining process-management and data-movement tools for ETL’s.
- Offering guidance and best practices to scrum teams who work with data.
- Evaluating and implementing new data management technology with the goal of continually improving team efficiency and data quality.
- Providing support and guidance for business analysts using data analysis tools such as Alteryx and PowerBI.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience as a Data Engineer in a production environment
- Focus on ETL’s, data monitoring, data engineering, etc.
- Python, C#, Docker, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure DevOps
- AWS tech: Aurora DB, Glue, Lambda
- Alteryx Server
- Infrastructure as code using Terraform/CloudFormation
- Solid understanding of containers and orchestration tools (Docker, CI/CD, etc.)
- AirFlow, DataHub, NiFi and other data-management and process-management tools a plus
- Experience with BI and analytical tools such as PowerBI and Alteryx
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $58,300 to $115,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit S&P BenefitsAbout S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligenceEqual Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
Virtual, North Carolina, United States