An emerging company that leverages the power of AI to help businesses reach their target audience with optimized content delivered at the right time is looking for a Data Engineer. The selected candidate will be working with stakeholders from different backgrounds in an international environment. The company uses advanced lookalike audiences, predictive models, and extensive databases to help businesses elevate their marketing game. This will be a long-term, full-time role.
- Work closely with other data scientists and engineers to put models into production.
- Define and promote data engineering best practices within the team
- Educate the team and the rest of the company about data science
- Establish and sustain batch and near-real-time ETL processing pipelines, as well as analytical and machine learning workflows.
- Create large-scale solutions that are optimized for performance
- Communicate with various teams about data availability and coding uniformity
- Make proactive suggestions about how the team can increase the performance of our data platform by using new technologies and architectures
- Database pipeline architectures must be built, tested, and maintained
- Work with management to understand the company's goals
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience as a data engineer
- Demonstrable experience working with Big Data / BigQuery
- Prolific knowledge of Python, SQL, Google Cloud, and AWS
- Expertise in ETL and ELT
- Nice to have some experience in HIVE, HADOOP, and Spark
- Prior experience building data lakes and data warehouses is desirable
- Knowledge of Pandas, Pyspark, NoSQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience working with large data sets and performance optimization of databases
- A proven track record in dealing with data ingestion/ ETL processes design and technologies
- Must be a team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English