THE SCHOOL BOARD OF MANATEE COUNTY
Local Title: SENIOR STATISTICAL DATA ANALYST
State Title: Statistician
To provide leadership, support and instruction to the student assessment process from test administration to statistical analysis of data and reporting as it relates to curriculum, instruction, and school improvement. To use statistical analysis and school grade projections to support leadership decision-making. To work with senior leadership, administrators, teachers, data teams and central office staff to calculate and coordinate student learning-related teacher and administrator evaluations.
1. Earned master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a related field required, specialist degree or terminal degree preferred. Minimum of nine (9) graduate level credit hours in Research and Statistics or related field required.
2. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in statistical analysis and educational measurement.
3. Other qualifications deemed necessary by the Superintendent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Deep knowledge and understanding of measurement and evaluation theory, concepts and practice; statistical methodology procedures, scheduling, administration, scoring, interpretation, and reporting. Knowledge of trends, theory and practice in planning, research, and evaluation. Ability to read and interpret journals, research studies, Florida Statute, State Board rules, and School Board policy. Advanced knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistical techniques including regression analysis and modeling. Knowledge of group dynamics. Ability to demonstrate written and oral communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize. Ability to present complex data and materials to a variety of audiences. Ability to interpret legislation and implementing rules related to accountability. Advanced Excel user capable of constructing multi-step formulas and adept at rapidly providing accessible data.
Director of Assessment and Research
Junior Data Analyst/Assessment Manager
Teacher Evaluation Leadership Team/s
Administrator Evaluation Leadership Team
Director of Research and Assessment
Senior Level Leadership
Other Assigned Personnel
1. Calculates the teachers’ individual value-added / growth measure and the school-level measure based upon the locally developed End-of Course Assessments and all non-statewide assessments.
2. Performs administrator and superintendent calculations for student growth component of their evaluation.
3. Performs analysis tasks on test data for entire district using SPSS, Excel, Access, and other software including frequencies, correlations, cross-tabulations, means tables, multivariate analyses, tests of significance, and other statistical details. Has an expert command of all data analysis tools.
4. Proficient in database management using Business Intelligent Development Studios from Microsoft, SQL Server, SharedFileDOE Reporting Services, Analysis and Integration Services.
5. Provides graphs and tables in Excel and Word and other software as appropriate.
6. Prepares of all required value-added reports and maintains appropriate historical records of value-added data for individual teachers and all schools at all levels.
7. Serves as liaison with MIS to support district and state assessment programs with required files and accurate reporting of value-added data and student scores.
8. Coordinates with Executive Director regarding scheduling or resource problems that affect timely completion of assigned projects.
9. 9. Performs and directs the collecting, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting value-added data and using data to make instructional decisions.
10. Serves as liaison with the Florida Department of Education for the purpose of resolving value-added measure issues with state-wide data and the entire value-added process including roster verifications.
11. Work closely with District and school staffs to support school improvement initiatives and processes as related to the value-added calculation and process.
12. Develop annual goals and objectives for professional development consistent with and in support of District goals and priorities.
13. Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency related to the assignment.
14. Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
15. Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance appraisals and make recommendations for appropriate employment action.
16. Prepare or oversee the preparation of all required reports and maintain appropriate records related to value-added.
17. Serve on District, state or community councils or committees as assigned or appropriate.
18. Assist in implementing the District’s goals and strategic commitments.
19. Provide instructional staff and administrator evaluation committees with relevant evaluation data and analysis to support decision-making.
20. Use benchmark assessments and other available data to construct models projecting school grades and supporting the strategic decisions of District Leadership.
21. Conduct analysis of district data using descriptive and inferential statistics, such as regression, causal and factor analytic models and nonparametric techniques.
22. Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position as required.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
SALARY SCHEDULE: SAMP
PAY GRADE: D11
SHORT TITLE: SUP198
STATE JOB CODE: 77420