Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Our Centre for Intelligent Power applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, and we’re developing technology right here in Dublin that’s feeding into the next generation of our power management products and services.
We’re now looking for a Specialist Data Engineer who is passionate about his or her craft. The Data Engineer will be involved in the architecture, design, and management of large-scale, highly distributed, multi-tenant data stores. In addition to building and maintaining these data stores, the Data Engineer will also work to ensure that the data is easily accessible and available to data scientists and business users across the enterprise when and where it is needed.
Your main responsibilities:
- Development of technical solutions and implement architectures for project and products across data engineering and data science teams
- Working in a hands-on fashion with Big Data tools such as Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, Time Series Databases such as InfluxDB, KairosDB, TimescaleDB
- Working with your team and others, defining the architecture, design, and management of secure, large-scale, highly distributed, geo-redundant, multi-tenant data stores
- Recommending and setting up appropriate performance monitoring solutions
- Working directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
- Mentoring engineers on best practice
- Developing and executing agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery, CI and dev/ops
Your essential skills we are looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Extensive experience in the software industry as a Data Engineer or similar with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
- Experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and managing these systems
- Ability to specify and write code that is accessible, secure, and performs in an optimized manner with an ability to output to different types of consumers and systems
- Excellent communication (verbal, presentation, documentation) skills, working with teams that are geographically dispersed, to produce solutions that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
What we offer to you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Flexible working solutions (remote, flexible working hours, compressed week, part time etc.)
- We make your aspirations matter – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- We make your growth matter - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We make your contributions matter - reliability, safety, efficiency, and sustainability are at the core of our dedication to improving people’s lives and the environment through power management technologies.
- We make your wellbeing matter – We put your health and safety first. Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time