Job Req ID: 6445
The Data Analyst is an entry to mid-level analytics professional who has a good understanding of the various types of analytical disciplines, such as optimization (linear and constraint programming), predictive modelling, text analytics, etc. The right candidate will experience a high volume of analytics challenges, delivering and embedding quality data products to our clients, to assist them in their journey to leverage on data and analytics to enhance their business operations.
- Participate in data science and data engineering projects as a project team member to develop and deliver data and analytics solutions for our clients.
- Participate in the framing, design, implementation, and maintenance of descriptive, predictive or prescriptive analytics solutions; apply full analytics cycle from understanding business case, framing analytics problem, model selection, data preparation, modelling, deployment to production.
- Participate in the data engineering activities to identify, process and analyse raw data: sourcing data from existing production systems and/or data warehouse, assessing data quality, perform data cleansing and transformation for downstream processing.
- Practise and ensure that all data solutions are designed and developed in accordance with the guidelines in the AI Governance framework.
- Collaborate with project members from other cross functional expertise: IT, Maintenance & Support, Infrastructure & Network, to discuss and ascertain the deployment approach of embedded analytics models.
- Carry out periodic review of analytics solutions with clients to identify areas for improvement or refinement needs.
- Promote a data-driven culture both internally and externally; Spread, inspire and realise the true potential of data analytics.
- Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Experience in using one or more data visualization tools: Power BI, QlikSense, Tableau.
- Proficient in at least one programming language: Python (preferred) and/or R.
- Proficient in one or more of the following techniques/methods: statistical and predictive modelling techniques, text analytics, and optimization methods.
- Knowledge in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) will be an advantage.
- Desire to work in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present and explain the technical aspects and benefits of analytics projects in a clear and convincing manner to business users/sponsors