One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join our organisation. The role will carry out researching, developing and operationalising algorithms that require computer vision solutions. This is a permanent full-time position, and we are looking at a salary range between $75,000 to $85,000 TFR subject to the successful applicants qualifications, skills and experience against the role requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform data preparation and analysis, generation, and further image processing tasks
- Build and test analytic solutions to business problems as well as develop, design and support the creation of reports and dashboards
- Build robust, efficient and reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources to ingest and process data into data platforms
- Build, train and refine computer vision and machine learning models to produce measurable results.
- Design and develop real time streaming and batch processing of data
- Analyse data from various data sets to create useful insights for internal and external customers
- Prepare creative visualisations to help convey the insights to clients
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to define data and technology needs
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in Python and Jupyter Notebooks, and working with traditional computer vision libraries (OpenCV, SciPy, NumPy);
- Experience with one of the deep learning libraries (PyTorch, Tensorflow and etc.);
- Strong experience and understanding of LoRaWAN network and protocol
- Data querying languages (SQL)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and driving results with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to work on unfamiliar technical problems and develop novel approaches to challenges.
- An ability to manage pressure and maintain a high level of energy.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your application.